SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Whole 30 Diary || Week Two

To begin, this week has been very crazy, very hectic, & very hard to get through.  Our whole hometown's hearts have been broken for families around the area.  It just shows that we never know what we will be faced with from one day to the next.  We can't plan for everything & God's grace & peace is available to us for a purpose.  

In reference to my "Whole 30" goals, its been really tough to juggle eating well when your mind is a million miles away from what you are going to eat for the day...but, though I starved most of the week, I made a decision to push through the best I could.  I didn't start this little journey for nothing & I'm one week closer to saying I did my best to complete the first month of the program. 


 "Making it through the week" involved very few pictures to share + no opportunities to meal prep or cook at home+ a lot of drive thru meals (especially for the first part of the week) that may not be a perfect or ideal match for the Whole 30 guidelines.  But, I did the best I could.

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs+black coffee
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Salad (lettuce, grilled chicken marinated in italian dressing +soy sauce, walnuts, eggs)
Dinner: rotisserie chicken+ green beans
Snacks: raisins+bananas+black coffee+oranges
A very hard day.  Travel, travel, travel+church+visit+work+church and then find out absolutely devastating news.
Breakfast:   2 boiled eggs+black coffee
Lunch:  Southwest Salad from McDonalds as naked as you can make it (no dressing, cheese, tortillas, etc. +unsweet tea)
Dinner: strawberry+ice+walnuts+banana smoothie
Snacks: raisins+grilled chicken bites
Again, I couldn't eat much today.  A lot was going on + I was in no way thinking about food.  I just thought about my husband & very special families through out our community hurting.  I did have a bad headache at the end of this day & we picked Cade up at the airport late & then it was up early & back to NC the next morning for work & other things.  I do admit, right before we traveled to Tennessee-I had a strong craving for a vanilla milkshake after I ate my grilled chicken bites...dairy withdrawals, maybe?  I never had milk shakes on a regular basis before Whole 30!  Lol.  Very weird.
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs with strawberries+black coffee
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Salad from Bojangles (as naked as I could make it-no cheese or dressing)+ unsweet tea
Dinner: Fajita mix at Mexican-very hard to avoid chips & cheese after not eating as much as I should have the previous days but I toughed it out).
Snacks: raisins+chewing gum (I shouldn't have)
I was starving & sleep deprived today.  No time for anything.  No ability to prep food, just survive.  I felt pretty bad, but made it through.  I did end up taking a piece of gum after a funeral after not eating or drinking enough.  I was at my whits end for thirst.  I have GOT to remember to stay hydrated.  I am not supposed to have gum on Whole 30.
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs+black coffee
Lunch:  veggie omelet +bacon @ Huddle House (I'm sure the food was cooked in something it shouldn't have been & the bacon probably wasn't nitrogen free-but like I said, doing the best I can to survive this week)
Dinner: Quarter Pounder Patty (I tried to make it as naked as I could-they put ketchup on it-tried to get it off the best I could)+unsweet tea
Snacks: smoothie (one banana, peaches, walnuts, water) & raisins!
I was very hungry this day.  So ready to get back home to be able to better prepare & cook meals that I'm allowed to have.  Especially to add a little variety!
Breakfast: (pre workout) banana+black coffee +2 boiled eggs
Lunch:  Grilled Chicken Salad from McDonalds (hadn't been to grocery store yet-again, as naked as can be...no dressing/tortillas/cheese)
Dinner: grilled chicken wrapped in bacon with salt/vinegar potatoes (this meal was a hit with the family...especially the potatoes...I highly recommend).
Snacks: raisins
I felt so much better today.  It was much easier with some time to plan+to get barre in.  But one thing I have learned, unexpected schedules & plans should not deter you from meeting a goal.  We are in control of what goes in our body.  It may not be the ideal meal or food on the plan...but you do the best you can.  I also got the chance (yes, 12 days in!  To finally do some "before measurements"-so they will def. be a little off b/c I can tell a difference already from when I first began)
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs+black coffee+ left over salt & vinegar potatoes
Lunch:  Old Faithful Peach smoothie (only different ingredient was almonds instead of walnuts)
Dinner: IHOP Build your own omelet with all veggies & bacon/sausage (this is probably not compliant-but it's a long story...I made the best choice I could here)
Snacks: raisins+almonds+coffee with steamed almond milk
Today was nice.  I know I'm getting boring with breakfast but it is the easiest when your running out the door for a morning workout.  I think boiled eggs & fruit will be a new staple in my life even after whole 30.  After my work out, I went to get a coffee.  The steamed frothy almond milk just makes me deal with no cream (my biggest challenge) for 13 days.  I ran out of walnuts so I switched to almonds this week.  They are a great snack & taste great in my smoothies as well...just like walnuts:)  I'm learning new healthy snacks along the way!  
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs+black coffee+banana
Lunch:  Left over chicken with bacon+salt & vinegar Potatoes potatoes
Dinner: meatloaf (this recipe except I added green peppers & used real tomatoes instead of any sauce & didn't use any grains or almond flour) with salt & vinegar potatoes (yes, again:/-we're trying to use the food we have & avoid going to the store!)
Snacks: raisins+almonds+peach smoothie (peaches, banana, almonds, water)
Today, I feel like I ate a lot.  I was pretty hungry all day but when I did eat...the food I ate satisfied me...
Maybe it was my morning kick booty barre session!😁

I'll be honest with you guys, I almost hesitated to post this week b/c I know we've ate out a lot this week & these food choices aren't perfectly "whole 30."  I still can share with you that I can tell a big difference in my body a l r e a d y as well as with how I feel that something is working with the food choices I am making.  Even when I am working out, every day I find that I am improving in my endurance & ability to do the workout full out instead of opting to take the beginner modifications.  Talk about the motivation I need to get through the remainder of my 30 days!  I'm still motivated to see more change in my body & though I'm not doing it perfectly, I'm learning along the way for when I decide to do it again!

Plus...I have to add... reading & researching the Whole 30 "can & can'ts" stresses me out!  Anybody else been/are in that boat, too?  One source said you can have this, the other says you can't.  
Geez L o u i s e.
Any other Whole 30ers out there?
How do you handle crazy weeks & eating out?

SaveSave
SaveSave