You guys. I've been wanting to do this project ever since I began working in Preschool! Talk about drowning in a mess of toys since Cam was mobile enough to dump them out of his toy box! Yea. That was the end of any trace of neatness around us...
Just a way to help Cam better understand how we are changing the way we treat our toys. Right now, all he does is dump them out & pile them up (if I'm lucky) when I ask him to do his chores. The o n l y way to help his little three year old mind make sense of our new organizing system is to relate it to Toy Story! :)
So, here is my version of the preschool toy organization at home:) This idea has me feelin like a rock star #justsayin
1. I've had this Ikea Cube Shelf for a year now...
2. I finally was frustrated enough with our mess to make organizing the toys a priority in our budget. I ended up at Target & found these cubes on sale for $5! There are lots of cute colors & fabric combinations:)
3. After I got the cubes, I took pictures of the toys with my phone, labeled them with the app "Rhonna Designs," printed them, glued them to a pretty silver poster board, & laminated!
4. I punched a hole in the top & tied the picture to the storage cube with twine through the hole in the storage cube.
5. Before I put the toys in their new home, I went through & wiped down the ones we were going to keep, & (shhhhh -keep this a secret-I guess this isn't a good time to channel Toy Story, huh?) trashed or donated others that were messed up or those we weren't playing with anymore. Cam has a thing about keeping ALL the toys e v e n if they are messed up or missing parts...
5. Now, all our toys have "a home" just like "Andy's" toys! AND I can almost guarantee you, your kids will think it's Christmas again because toys are so much easier to find. BOOM:)
(Besides donating & trashing...oops did I say that out loud again;)