SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Weekending

Busy weekends go by even faster than the normal weekends!  I call this the weekend, the weekend of eating out.  Friday evening, Cade's parents & sister came in to town for the Fishing exhibition.  Friday was a blur of a quick trip to gobble down Mexican food & take a romantic walk without kids through Target.  Cade decided it was a great idea to buy mega stuffed Oreos & valentine Reese hearts + a n o t h e r football #boys (that Tepp chewed up the night after).  
He hates me & my efforts to overcome my holiday eating habits.
Saturday, we woke up & Cam went to the fishing exhibition.  This exhibition is becoming a tradition with him & his Joe Daddy, as they have went the past three years.  Conley opted out-he's a homebody through & through.  It was a lazy morning for the rest of us, but by noon we were all up & ready for lunch.  I hadn't been to Conner's in f o r e v e r.  It was delicious as expected.  Then, we went to At Home.  Have you guys been there yet?  Cade & I went Christmas shopping there in December, but we spent a lot more time browsing on Saturday.  You can basically find anything you can dream up home decor wise...although, I hate to admit I'm not impressed by prices all that much!
'
Cade went to the Men's Banquet at our church.  I couldn't convince Con to get a picture with his handsome dad, but Cam is always up for a pic!  
My mom came that evening & we watched movies + caught up with each other-it's been basically since Christmas since I have really got to sit down & talk with her.  I have missed that!  Cam waited up to show Cade his new Black Panther mask & claws as long as he could, but eventually fell asleep before he got back.  Ahhhhh, love these sweet boys of mine.
Aside from how Sunday started... coffee e v e r y w h e r e-it was a perfect day.
Sunday, we had a special visitor to our church...Mr. Ken Ham.  Have you guys heard of him?  I've wanted to hear him speak for a long time & have been so excited for this day.  My mom too, as she had heard him speak before!  It was everything I thought it would be & more.  
He has such a great message as to how we as Christians need to know our foundation & why we believe what we believe.  His series "Answers in Genesis" is SO what our world needs to hear.  Even if they don't believe it for themselves, they can understand why Christians believe what we believe.
In random news, Kane (Glenn Jacobs) the wrestler/mayor of Knoxville was spotted.
That makes me a fan!
And then, would you believe we ate Mexican food again?  We did.
We have a problem.  And I am super prepared to cook this week-no more dining out for us, though I thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted!

Three things I'm loving lately: 
Iced Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew (may be most favorite iced coffee ever).
Oikos greek yogurt with chocolate chips 
(in a desperate attempt to make healthier chocolate choices-all open to ideas over here!)
Sole Society Cindy tote (in love!). First purse purchase in probably three years.  My work bag is a Sole Society & the quality+price is five star rating in my opinion-I'm pretty sure this bag may be even better๐Ÿ˜.

---
Can you tell I've been struggling with content?  Yup.  Just figured I'd take pictures & go with the flow.
Just write.
There's this Sunday laundry pile that always need folded & put away before Monday morning that reminds me it's time to go back to reality tomorrow.  
I'm excited about Cade's big birthday week!  He turns THIRTY!  Also, trying not to get my hopes up for snow Tuesday, but it's too late.  
I'm already convinced it will!❄️๐ŸŒจ⛄️
Off to fold laundry & psych myself up for the work week๐Ÿ˜›
Amie said...

Have you ever tried putting a spoon of peanut butter in some strawberry yogurt?? It is soooo good!! I am not a cold brew kind of person but you just made me want to try that drink!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I love peanut butter anything!! I will be trying that๐Ÿ˜