SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 31, 2019

941

One of my favorite authors, Michelle Myers, posted:
 "We have 940 Saturdays between our child’s birth and when they turn 18. So with an unplanned snow day today, instead of allowing myself to focus on the things on my list that won’t get checked off, I’m choosing to see today as 941."
I'm not going to act like the snow day I had dreamed up in my head, actually unfolded.  Quiet family breakfast together around the table.  Snuggles on the couch.  Playing in the snow.  Coming in to a bowl of chili & hot chocolate.  I can make a video capturing the "sweet" moments of the day.  Nope.  








In fact, it went the exact opposite.  Instead of a lazy morning due to my efforts of getting up early for some alone time to read/pray/sip coffee & watch it snow, both boys were up within ten minutes of my feet hitting the floor. 
"Can we go out side?  Can we go outside?  Can we go outside?  Mom, Can we?  Can we?  Can we?
x 2.3 million."

It's not that I didn't have plans to go outside.  Of course, I did!  <insert a little sarcasm for the sentence coming up> I just wanted to enjoy a warm cozy morning by the fire with smiles on everyone's face & joy in everyone's hearts.  Cade cooked French toast for breakfast & the pleas to go outdoors continued.  As well as the pleas to build a tent.  And pleas for the phones/tablets.  My head was spinning.  STOOOOOOOOOP.
Finally, after the second time of taking them out for a spin-& fa-reeeeezing to DEATH
They had smiles on their faces.  That quickly faded when I told them it was naptime.
The Lord knew we all needed it!  Especially those early risers!

Of course they didn't go to sleep in the moods they were in, but they did have quiet time upstairs & we caught our breath...

What a difference a nap/quiet time can make!

Later Tuesday evening, we rode to look at Cade's jobs (in which we got coffee & smelt Tepper's farts all the way home).  Yes, she has very bad gas.  If you have any tips on how to help a dogs stomach issues, please share.  She is killing us!  Soon after airing out (😂), I got a pleasant surprise-of massive proportions...a call that my school district had called for another SNOWDAY!  
And permission to work from home.  God knows I needed a day to just work on paperwork 😜
#lifeofSLP
Sadly, Cam only had a one hour delay.  He was a little down, but once I told him we would meet him for lunch (his life was changed!).  He has begged me to come have lunch with him forever.  As bad as I have wanted to, either I have to work, am only off on a sick day, or we have been off on days together.
Wednesday  was the perfect opportunity!
He kept reminding me.  "Mom don't forget!"  He woke up, first words, "Mom, did you remember that you are having lunch with me today?"  "Do you know what time my lunch is?"   "Don't forget!"
I love him.
He was beaming when we walked through those cafeteria doors.
That is all my big boy has talked about since we picked him up.
Lunch.

As much whining as he did on Tuesday, swinging by to have lunch with him for thirty minutes made his LIFE.  It definitely helped me remember to NOT take everything so seriously, realize that they are just kids, & though they may make you feel like the worst parent ever in one moment, in another they will have you feeling as though you made the moon❤️  
No school.  Work from home.  Two hour delay this am!
Have I mentioned how much I love snow??⛄️

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post! I had only just been wishing Spring along - but your winter wonderland has changed my mind! The photo of you and Tepper is gorgeous. What a lovely dog she is. Tell me about the boy whining - I am about to entitle my next blog post ' Wrangling my tween in the pub today' haha - don't they have their moments? Lovely mug - love the twirl design - have seen that on prehistoric art all over the world, it is fascinating. J xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joanne! That is funny! They do have their moments...I pray for patience most of all lol :P. I love that mug too-my cousin made it so it's all the more special. Spring isn't too far away-I'm afraid that will be the only snow we see this year.
Cassidy