SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 6, 2019

New Year Resolutions 2019

I don't like the connotation that "new year resolution" seems to have adopted over the years, but I always like the idea of a fresh start come January.  I always find motivation for personal growth in the new year.  Whether or not I met all my expectations, dreams, or goals from the year (or years😬) before...I like to think of the new year as though it's a chance to grow closer to the woman God wants me to be.  What made me stronger last year?  What challenged me?  How can I do things differently next time?
This year I hope to...
(do the things I wanted to do last year, but better.)
1. Practice self-control (spiritually, mentally, physically) I really worked hard on this fruit of the spirit (with God's help) for two months last year & I have never been happier or a better version of myself.  
I am praying over growing in this area more in 2019!  
2.  Grow my relationship with the Lord, learn more about him & give thanks for all He has done + will do.  I had a "mini" season of what seemed like massive growth in my relationship with the Lord in 2018, but as life does, you find discouragement & it sneaks in to hinder this.  I'm ready to fight again (because it IS a fight when Satan steps in, am I right??) to grow to learn more about Him & His plan for my life.
3.  Live in the moment.  I'm bad to want to get all depressed over how quickly time is passing (especially with my boys #momlife).  Y'all, I dread moments ending before they actually do-living for the anticipation of the times we have & not the special times themselves.  I want to quit that craziness & LIVE!
4.  Perspective.  Despite "good" vs. "bad" days...choose happy.
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
"I don't think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains."
both quotes by Anne Frank (enough said.). WOW.
5.  Prioritize.   Say yes to what is important, and don't be afraid to say no to the not so important.
And that's a wrap at sharing my heart early in the year, friends!  
Do me a favor if you have read this?  Pray for me.  
Pray for another year of growth.  Growth in God's will.  I may fail, but as long as I grow, I'll call it a win.  Not much different than years past, but it's nice to remind myself of what is important.  After the freshness of January wears off, & when the days seem to run together in the year, it's nice to look back at these things & refocus!
Especially on those "harder" days.
Do you guys make "resolutions" or areas of growth to focus on?
Happy 2019!
Thankful for these sweet memories captured by Misty Dawn photography this past December❤️
Anonymous said...

You have a great perspective and are so right abput striking when the iron is hot when we have focus and drive at the start of the month, especially before work and school starts again. From your blog it looks like you've already done a great job of living every moment and providing so much fun for your children, it is something we always need to keep at the back of our minds xx Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joann❤️. Happy New Year! I've enjoyed your instastories throughout Christmas!