SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 25, 2019

January Days

H o w are we almost into the second month of 2019?

It doesn't seem real!  Cade will be 30 in ONE week.  

We've been over here getting back into the swing of our "normal" & it has been quite the task.  I miss slow mornings at home by the tree when I didn't have a timeline or deadlines looming over me, but I am enjoying everyone being on somewhat of a schedule again, I guess.  We can find positives in everything, can't we?  I sure am trying.  I did enjoy the MLK Holiday-Mondays off should be an every week thing.
We have purged our home, no, not because Marie Kondo told us to.  Because it's what we do in January and during spring cleaning (I'm sure there will be more to purge by then).
  I don't think we've ever gotten rid of so much stuff in all our days of purge!

I'm having trouble with my post-holiday sweet tooth.  I can't quite craving chocolate or making cookies.  I also have been dreaming of ONE good snow. Maybe that would be enough to get me in the spirit of spring?  One thing I'm longing for from the warmer months?  The longer days!  These days of darkness have our family in hibernation mode convinced it's way past bedtime.
  We are trudging to the bedroom by 8:00-8:30 on a typical night.  
I am feeling whispers of new life in my soul as I make my way through 100 Days to Brave with some girlfriends (& read through the book of Psalms on my own!).  We still haven't got to meet up to talk about our readings, but we are hoping to get together soon at a little coffee shop.  I can't wait.
I have temporarily given up on keeping house...as you can see above.
I know we've had her since November, but I haven't really got to talk about how much we are enjoying having a furry friend back in our life again.  I have missed Honor (our first golden doodle) ever since we had to give her to Cade's cousin (so thankful for him giving her an amazing home!  it helped knowing she went to a great place) when our lives were so uncertain a couple years ago, so having Tepp step in has brought so much fun back into our home.  We love her! 
 Thankful for God blessing us to be settled back in together.


Another birthday on the horizon is my almost SIX year old.  I'm not prepared to tell people I am the mother of a SIX year old.  Do you know how old I feel?  I'm obsessed with researching anti-aging routines & comparing myself to my favorite childhood stars (they all look so old now!). 
Also, it doesn't help that at this new job, I'm the oldest now (I've always been the youngest).  All the girls I work with are getting engaged or are newly married, while I'm the "old boring married one with kids."😂
PCB almost two years ago at our favorite-Captain Andersons
Cade asked me why I let him dress like this😂

Please tell me I'm not alone 30 something friends.😩
Back to Cam.  We are planning to surprise him with a trip to the beach for his birthday.  He has requested a "Teppy" (Golden Doodle) party...how fun is that??
 I think it is going to be such a great time celebrating our big boy.  

Who makes treasures for me on the daily.  Have you seen the latest?
He saved his treasure chest marks at school for the zebra bracelet to give me & all the sweet cards & pictures.  He is a gem.
Well, I suppose I have caught up on life lately. 
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend❤️



Anonymous said...

Cassidy we were only just saying this morning too how we miss those lazy Christmas mornings - and tried to replicate today this morning as much as we can :) But I completely understand missing Christmas and also looking forward to the longer days - we are going to bed incredibly early too, and feel quite restricted with not as many outdoor activities. January and February are quite tough months! I hope you are enjoying your new job. I probably worried about aging too in my thirties - be assured, by the time you are my age you won't care as much. Thirties are a weird one - I wasn't sure where I fit - where to shop, how to dress, was I young, was I old? You are kind of betwixt and between. But you look fab - you shouldn't have any worries! Hope you had a great week-end - Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

They are tough months (the one thing that can cheer me up is a snow day-and we are supposed to get one tomorrow🤞🏻. Thats good to know that I am not alone:). I never really had a huge crisis turning thirty-it's been here at the end of the 30th year the aging thing is magnified...Thanks Joanne! Hope you have a great week