SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Year in Review 2018


Every year I find myself in disbelief at how quickly a year passes by.  Each one seems to go by at a quicker speed & while I always try to be cognizant of making a point not to rush them quicker then they already go by, I find myself always in anticipation.  Though I have to admit, I didn't want 2018 to end.  Cade is always quick to remind me to be excited for what's to come (talk about my better half-he is).  And the only quote I could find was the one I looked to last year by C.S. Lewis..."There are far better things ahead, than any we leave behind."  No matter what we are leaving behind, whatsoever wonderful or not so wonderful things are ahead...in Christ, there are far better things ahead!
Wrote on Dec 30, 2018.
(Joanna Gaines worded my thoughts perfectly after I wrote this passage).
#ofcourseshedid🙄

Looking back on 2018...
And the best way to do that is the "top 9" from instagram...right?

January
Began 2018 with Cam making his second appearance as a ring bearer -he did awesome!

February
We had a valentines date to build a bear & daddy came home for good.  This, if you know us, was one of the biggest answered prayers of our lives.  God worked in wondrous ways in 2018 in this aspect & I hope I get the chance to share one day.

March
I turned the big 3-0 & Cam celebrated his fifth birthday with a family ghostbuster bash!

April
We visited lots of playgrounds as the weather grew warmer & psyched Conley up for church every morning.  Now he totes his little self through the doors with ease!  We also had kindergarten roundup & spring break.
                      
May
Cam graduated preschool and I said goodbye to the best job of all time.
I miss those people so much!  The tears flowed uncontrollably.

June
School was out for summer & with Cam entering kindergarten, we were determined to make it the best summer ever...we began adventuring.  Cam also had a weird spell for a couple of weeks in which he didn't eat, threw up, & slept a lot.  After a trip to the doctor left us without answers, an email arrived with a recall on goldfish d/t salmonella-it happened to be the box we had been munching on.  After looking up symptoms, I am 99.9% sure this is what we had happening to our big guy 😳 He also had to get kindergarten shots & let's just say God be with the nurse who gives him the next round (he'll be double in size & impossible to hold down).



July
So much fun celebrating the fourth (as always), I had a job orientation and we went on a family weekend with Cade's grandma & girls.


August
Too much for one picture.
Beach trip+kindergarten began+new job for me!

September
Daddy got the boys pumped for football season.  Much to our dismay, the Panthers & Vols had terrible seasons.

October
Conley Scout turned THREE, Cam lost his first TWO teeth, had big fun at the pumpkin patch, & we had a blast with all the halloween festivities.
May be my favorite costumes to date.



FAV pic EVER.

November
Sweet Tepper came into our lives (she is just what we needed to complete our family right now-the boys AND Cade & I adore her) & we celebrated another VERY blessed Thanksgiving.

December
Christmas.  What else can I say except that it was perfect.
I love every Christmas.  They are all special in they own way.  I love tradition & seeing my little family develop it's own traditions in addition to all that we get to be a part of.
"Only 355 (or something like that-i always get my math wrong🤓) days to go"
Goodness!  It's harder than you'd think to not forget any special moments!
In love with 2018...hoping to feel the same about you 2019.
Hope your year is off to a good start, sweet friends!



Amie said...

Looks like you all had a blessed 2018!! Prayers 2019 is even better :)

In the August beach photo, where did you get the black and white shirt from?? The length is long and I just can't always find that.

Anonymous said...

I pray your's is wonderful also:) I bet Boden is getting big!

I think it is forever 21:). Great cheap basic pieces! Jane.com also has long tunic like shirts