SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 15, 2018

2018 Easter Basket Favorites

I always find myself annoyingly giddy over holiday things.
If you haven't figured that out by now...

I love putting together easter baskets!  I think it is just what I need to convince myself to hop on the bandwagon & welcome the inevitable spring season that is upon us.  You guys, when Cam was a baby, I was so impractical with e v e r y t h i n g I bought for Christmas & other holidays.  I mean, yes it's a time for fun things, but let's not go overboard with buying just to buy junk -mmmmk???
(Totally talking to myself here...🙋🏻‍♀️)

With almost 5 years of mommin under my belt 🥋(that's laugh worthy, right? #whatdoiknow) I am learning that holiday's are a great excuse to give your kids things "THEY NEED" in a fun way!  No more dippy toys (unless they are dollar bin adorable) or loads of candy you have to constantly deny your kids for the sake of a full pretty basket or because the genius marketing experts convince you that's the way it should be done.

Instead, this year my list includes a beach/travel bag that doubles as an "Easter basket," pair of summer shoes, water bottles (cuz theyre always stealin' their mama's) sunnies, their bowties for Easter Sunday church, a star wars coffee chocolate milk mug (drinking chocolate coffee in the nook is a social thing in the Adams Abode), some fun graphic tee's (because, hello, what kid isn't always needing clothes at the rate they grow??) & a few cheapies from the Dollar Store or dollar bin that you know they'll love & use.  
Bubbles, playdough, chapstick, bandaids, anyone?
natives | tote | mug | tee | water bottle | sunnies | bowtie
And if you ask me, the Dollar Store & or Tree always has fun options for grass & any other little plastic egg fillers you may want to add!  I can't help but love Home Goods or TJMaxx for the candy you do buy for the baskets, because I always think its packaging and uniqueness make it look like it came straight from April Valley! 🌷
But what am I saying, of course it did.

(or the North Pole-I know, always reverting back to Christmas over here...)  🤶🏼

I know I won't get the chance, but I also love the idea of "peeping" at your local general store or World Market because they have the coolest vintage/old school toys if you DO want to go the toy route:).

Wishing you a fun time filling those little baskets (or beach bags) over the next few weeks💕
What are the hot items on your Easter Bunny's list?🐰