SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 13, 2018

H54F + friday favorites || Springtime Fun

after an entire week off of work, i have determined that there aren't enough hours in the day to do all one needs to do!
e v e n with time off, everyday has been a mad rush to attempt to conquer my never ending to do's.  
in all my hustle, from the piles of never ending laundry, the messes in the kitchen, things to be organized, & applications to be filled out, i found this reminder:

"and the world passeth away , and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of GOd abideth for ever."
1 John 2:17
a little nugget of wisdom + sweet verse for us all to live by!

per cam's request, our little entryway is all ready for spring now!
& so is my belly for some chick-fil-a...

one. first trip to dollywood 
2018
my sweet nana & papa always get cam + i, season passes to dollywood.  
before i was even married with kids... they did it then, too.  
we headed out for the first trip of the season yesterday, & friends...
i haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time.
conley scout (he's the tiny one).

he wouldn't think of riding the ducks, because i couldn't ride with him.
but buddy, he hopped on the scrambler in a hot minute.
let me just set the stage.  
we've been watching andy griffith where 
the closest things to profanity are "shazaam" & golly." 
 well, i'm pretty sure conley attempted to express his emotions of the scrambler with that wordage, but that little guy... 
just as the ride started, as we started swarping through the air,
 in all his seriousness, quietly said, "go-lly damn."
Cam chimed in-in super sonic loudness to make sure all the guests at the tram stop could hear, (annnnnd as if i hadn't heard)
"MOM!  Conley said GO-LLY DAMN!"
i  lost it.  but it quickly became con's favorite ride of the day.
we rode twice.
😂😳



they know conley will feed them or die trying.

he requested to ride by himself "like a big boy" most of the day...
😯 (best attempt at puppy dog eyes)
then after getting an ice cream, & routinely dropping it in the floor.
he said, "i hate that."
we wiped it off for him & he went on to hopping off of ledges & causing pedestrians in the street (i say this jokingly) to veer from preferred dollywood traffic patterns.

a few minutes later after the ice cream had practically melted in my hands, 
he said, "it fell, i better get another one."
sure con, that ice cream has way more germs on it than that train post you licked thirty minutes ago or the toilet seat you petted earlier this morning.🤨
two. a post about toast
is this a dork mom post or what?  
cade + I just stare at it sometimes in admiration.🤷🏻‍♀️  
if you're thinking about buying a reasonably priced, large toaster.  pick me!
it makes a mean peanut butter & banana toast.
also, please stay...
i can't promise i won't always give you photo dumps & stories about my kids, 
but i promise i don't always post about lame things like toasters.😬


three.  superhero live here
twenty four hours.
iron man + batman on the job.
but these guys take lunch + supper breaks. 
 they ain't skipping that to rid the world of bad guys.  
and their mom may or may not make them still have naptime.
conley slept with his costume in his arms & cam wore his to the playground.
iron man would have worn his to the playground as well, had he ate his supper.
he had to stay behind.
as cam marched proudly to the playground in full costume, in his best batman voice:
"Mom, what if those people think i'm really batman??  then they'll run up and want to hug me like in those disney commercials.
(disney cruise commercials? anyone?)
over & over, i tell myself: these are the days.
never forget these moments.💙


four. 50 ways to take a break
it being spring break, i thought this was appropriate...

five. spring time closet

anybody else in a bit of confusion in how to dress for this springy weather?  
it's hot. then cold. then chilly. then hot.  then cold!
this gave me a little pinspiration of how to layer & stay warm/cool but still not look like it's the dead of winter.

happy friday, friends!
linking up today with the girls of friday favorites and H54F!

Jaclyn @coffeepancakesanddreams said...

Your little super heros are too cute!!
I love that gold mirror in your entryway--so pretty!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Reading this post brought so many reasons to smile! I ADORE your letter board (so true - lol) and your chalkboard too! Hooray for a fun trip to Dollywood, ice cream, smiles, and superheroes! You are a fun bunch! I am totally with you on the not knowing how to dress right now thing! lol. I'm confused about how to be comfortable in general right now as the weather is freezing then hot then back again. Yesterday I was snuggled up with a blanket on the couch saying, "Why am I sweating? Oh yeah, it's 70 today!" lol. No worries though, it'll come in handy again when it's snowing tomorrow! LOL! Thanks for sharing the fun of your week and for leaving such a sweet comment on my post this morning too! It was great to hear from you! Enjoy your weekend!
xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

Kenzie said...

Your entry way looks so fabulous for spring! And I loved the little 'taking a break graphic you shared - it was so fun to read through! Have a great weekend!

Emily Harrison said...

The sign on your entry table had me cracking up. Love it! Have a great weekend.

Stephanie said...

Never a dull moment with two little boys around! Love the stories :) And the truth of that saying on the letter board... #thestruggle

Sparkles and Lattes said...

When I saw your IG post about Chick-fil-a being around the corner like bikini season, I was laughing and felt that it is sooooo true. I love Chick-fil-a. Your boys stories are just sooo cute. I hope you have a great weekend!

Cassidy Adams said...

Thank you so much, girls! Have a great weekend:)

The Family Table with Genevieve said...

Oh my gosh your letterboard!!! I laughed out loud at that one. The closest one to me is 1 1/2 hours away! Fun stories about your boys. Have a great weekend!
gen

Anonymous said...

Cassidy when I read 'dollywood' I was fascinated - because... I went to visit a friend in NC in 2003 and we drove from Asheville, it seemed to take ages and ages. We got there and it was shut. It was like the Griswolds in Vacation. Why we didn't check before we went I don't know. Please share more pics if you can haha! We were such idiots. Anyway - love your chick fil-A sign. We had one next to my dorm at TAMU and I spent ALL my 'aggie bucks' there daily. It makes me sad I haven't had one in about 20 years. ALSO totally relate to your being off and not getting everything done you wanted / needed to - the same happened to me at Easter - it all kind of whizzed by in a blur of 'stuff' and continual small jobs! Joanne x

csuhpat1 said...

I would love to go to Dollywood. Very cool. Thanks for sharing all of the pics. #H54F