SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 8, 2017

H54F || Simple Saturday

The air was crisp & cool, the sky a bit dreary, the boys helped me decorate a little more for fall, & I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte.  All has been right in my little simple world this week. 
But how can I talk about little things like that, when I think of all of the people that are having one or maybe the most troubling weeks of their lives with these storms, wild fires, & floods. 
I tend to compartmentalize my brain.  The here and now.  My life in my family of four to reduce the load.  There are so many things I need to pray & be burdened about (especially in my own family) & I worry that in my compartmentalizing, so many times I reduce the burden I feel for others (in particular, my own brother).  I'm praying for a  burden for others, because it's then that you really purpose the heart in prayer.  All the same, I think I do this innocently & as a coping mechanism so that I can be present, positive, & uplifting to my kids.  I think I say the word "balance" 45,343 times a year on this blog, but it is always a word I find myself running toward. 
Despite all that's happening in our world, how has your week been?  I'm going to keep it light-hearted here, in no way trying to ignore the problems others are facing, but to maybe be a bright & simple spot in someone else's day.
one. PSL's are back
Whatever your taste of fall is, whether it be a flavored coffee, baked goods, or chocolate shaped Halloween creatures (I like it all) everything is making it's seasonal appearance!  It definitely sets the mood for the cozy season ahead... 
We Americans never tire of taking pictures of our coffee๐Ÿ™ˆ
two.  hair probs
No one cares.  I know this.  BUT I haven't had my hair cut or colored since April๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฑ & I am (was until I was late posting) dying with excitement for my appointment.  I am (was) really thinking of cutting it shorter (something I haven't done since I was a freshman in high school).  I will probably  didn't ( ) bawl my eyes out, but I'm SO ready for a change & something with less work. 
So far so good...I keep reaching for something that isn't there.
 The real story will be if I can style it myself...that could be a deal breaker!
 
three.  Halloween shop + Fall Food + Fall Color
Okay...Fall everything
aka free entertainment & soup
 
four.  September theme song
Some months just demand a theme song.  And September is one of them.
 
five.  giveaways
I am so excited with all the small businesses & a company I have partnered with over the last month.  I love when I can do something I love, give back to the readers, & support small businesses.  Blessed!  Stay tuned for more later this month. 

Wishing you a happy & very very safe weekend<3