SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 18, 2019

Thanksgiving || Inspiration + Anticipation

I will begin this post by a quote/question from Cam over the weekend:
"Mom, why do you have to be so festive all the time??"
And so it begins.  A teenage attitude at the ripe old age of 6...
He'll just have to learn to love me!
🙈

Our Home
Just thought I'd capture a snapshot of our home this Thanksgiving.  Nothing super special.  I love to use the same decorations (hello, nostalgia!), keep my collection going (of course, when I get the chance) but change it up every year.  While I dooooo have my tree up...I left the rest of the Christmas decor stored for after Thanksgiving-still gives me a little something to look forward to!
Cam made these pumpkins in art!😍
Totally cropped out stray macaroni for this kitchen counter pic & our turkey may or may not be missing a foot...🙋🏻‍♀️

But What Will I Wear To The Living Room??
Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite days to dress for.  If I didn't get another outfit the rest of the year, I would be fine!  I love big, chunky sweaters & dark colors (+ just like last year, still obsessed with mules).
This year...I love this camel-y orange & black together!

The Fun
(Macy's Parade, traditions, arts+crafts, fun food)
The boys are at such a fun age to do crafts.  Aside from fighting & the mess.
I swear they could destroy a cement block with a q-tip😂
But they love to draw & are always asking me what I want them to draw.  So I took it to my advantage & had Cam draw some pumpkin pies.  (He had just learned 3-D art at school...look at the detail!)  I glued some cotton balls on them for the whip cream & used them to make a garland over our breakfast nook.  I loved how it turned out!  And it kinda makes me feel like it makes our house a little more magical.  You know how Buddy makes & strings all the homemade snowflakes?  Or how on the Holiday, Graham's girls decorated their tent with homemade things??
I digress.
We've also drawn turkeys & pilgrims.  I have some of that art hanging in the mud room on the magnet board & the others on the refrigerator.  They are proud of their art work!

*I love these object lessons I've been using instead of bible stories lately.  They are free here!
I got the idea & lesson to go with the thank you cards we made God along with scripture and things to discuss with your littles here- you see their thank you cards below!


*I try to snap a parade pic with a Peanuts character every year.  I love to see how they grow in each pic❤️Watch them grow over the last 5 years...
*And I get a weird kick out of making festive things with food (sorry, Cam):

Building Anticipation
(book, shows, preparing your dish)
I remember reading this book in the 2nd grade!
We are trying to read a chapter a night...so far, that's happened one night last week😂
That's further than we got last year!  Conley left & sprayed his head with Febreeze & that was the end of THAT.
New Girl- I love Schmidt!  We binge watched this series during "big people" time this year😂
Of course, Gossip Girl Thanksgiving.
Fuller House Thanksgiving...b/c I love Candance.
And the classic Peanuts!  Always a must for me😬
There are just some shows you gotta go back & watch those holiday episodes😎

In case you're wondering...November 27th, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving airs on ABC!
I love this idea of a popcorn/jellybean/bread/pretzel cupcake to go along found here:

Then, there is Thanksgiving Eve.
I always enjoy making my chocolate truffle cheesecake on Thanksgiving Eve!🥰
The Recipe
I've basically made this since my kitchen group was assigned dessert for our Thanksgiving dinner in Foods II when I was a Junior in high school.  Before & after marriage LOL.  I'll share my old photo copy with you guys in case your interested!  It's a great memory & delicious tradition that I hold "near & dear "🙃
Okay.  Cam's right...I am annoyingly festive &( I'll just add) sentimental.
its very used!
Well, I've got myself fired up now!  Are you?😋
Let the countdown to thankful hearts & cheeks like this begin!
XO🦃