SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Halloween 2019

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
Everything around me is happening at warp speed & all I did was blink my eyes.
It is November, y'all!
I'm pretty sure I was just sitting on the couch watching Ryan Seacrest countdown to 2019 like...
y e s t e r d a y.
And here we are slowly, but surely (okay-sprinting) into 2020.
It's because I had a baby, isn't it?
 Halloween will always be one of my favorite holidays.  
#3, in fact, coming in behind ...
2. Thanksgiving
and of course 3. Christmas.

The decorations, bright orange pumpkins, crunchy leaves, and my favorite-family costumes (aka excuses to have themed family fun) keep me with that little kid belly excitement all year long.  I don't know why, but I won't question it.  
It's one of those little things in life that has always seemed to bring me joy.
 Now that we have two birthdays in October (okay 4 if you add our extended family members), October just became that much more special in my book.
 The only way Baker was going to let me carve pumpkins this year.  In the pouch.

Speaking of pumpkins...do you know how impossible it was to find pumpkins in Knoxville, TN the week of Halloween???  We called every store imaginable before finally finding a place that was getting one more load in the next morning & so kindly let me reserve four to pick up.  Mind you I had to call at 7 am.  But we got them!  I would have had a devastated 6 year old if I hadn't have found any.  When we got to the country store, they were depleted once again with unfortunate pumpkin harvesters desperately seeking any old thing to carve before the big night.  
Note to self: next year-buy them early.  Even if they rot!
 I can't.  My squishy baby deer.
 Pregaming ...watching our Halloween Inspo.
 First time at daddy's favorite - Three Amigos.
I couldn't eat Mexican food with her toward the end of my pregnancy
-as you can see, she's not impressed.
 My post partum fitness team.
Any guesses who we were this year?
Okay, we are Heavyweights.  Look it up if you want a laugh-thank me later.

Later, we had to change into something warm because it was fa-r e e z I n g!
The boys ended up getting extra candy from the neighbors because our crowd was off this year d/t weather.  I wish I could have bottled up the air & excitement that night as my sister & I took the big boys out trick or treating.  Conley was especially beside himself with excitement.

They were basically 18 years old going up and knocking on doors while we waited by the curb.  Saying trick or treat & thanking our neighbors for their special treats.  It was heart warming.  Even if they were maskless Pikachu & some video game Ranger.  Their little feet hurriedly shuffling from door to door to the houses with the lights still illuminating the streets.   
Conley would randomly wave as he got out of view at the gracious candy givers.  If their buckets were empty he would say, "That's not nice!"  And if they only had one type of candy, he would shout "All they had was _________!"  
Those precious little moments when you want to duck tape their mouths shut.😬😇
Me: "Oh, wow!  Starburst's are great!  How lucky!"
Please don't hate us.
I'm not going to lie.  As excited as I am to always put up the Christmas tree, I'm just as sad to take down our Halloween/fall-y (okay, not all-I'm halfway decorated for Thanksgiving) decorations.  I put them up as soon as we got back from the beach in August & it just doesn't seem possible that they've been up that long.  It comes & goes so quickly-THAT is why I am always about the anticipation.  It makes holidays last longer!  Until next year!

And we may or may not know what our next costume will be.
We that kinda crazy🙃