SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 11, 2019

Conley's Four!

A little FYI:  
I am going to be sporadic in my posts over the next few days.  
I've neglected writing so much lately.  All I do is nurse, work, clean, repeat!
I can't complain, I love this season of my life, but I will add, this is too special of a time in my life to drop the ball now.  Not to mention, blogging has always been so therapeutic for me since becoming a mom.  I miss it when I'm not able to & truly believe it is something to make time for.
So, forgive me for being all over the place-I'm going to try & play catch up this week😬

Today, I am going to post about Conley's Fourth Birthday.
My second babe is now a FOUR year old! 
He has been my baby for basically four years, & though we had a few days of figuring it out,
I think he has done a phenomenal job transitioning into a big brother!
(And he, along with each of my kids, will ALWAYS be my baby).

Conley is the most loving, strong-willed, determined, life loving, independent (for everything but self help skills that he can convince me to do-guilty🙋🏻‍♀️) four year old I know.  He keeps us laughing & on our feet.  I don't know what we would do without him!  He means so much to our little family!
---
Favorites: Speaking in his own language (Me: No, you can't have the phone, Conley: I hate my seatbelt, it is so BORING!  Me: Conley, clean up your mess...Conley:  I'm too scared!), he loves cats, Cat Boy from PJ Masks because he is a cat and blue (his favorite color which has now morphed in to "Blue purple"), and picking the opposite of anything Cam says.  But then again, he loves to talk, so after Cam tells something interesting, he will say," Hey!  Guess what? " And say the exact thing Cam said like it happened to him😂. My favorite.

You can find him: Jumping on the couch, sky diving at dangerous heights from household furniture,
eating macaroni & cheese, begging for gummy vitamins (since banning him from his beloved gummies after a dental visit), refusing to eat meat, "petting Baker," taunting Cam, begging for phones, screaming at the top of his lungs, and most recently-dabbing.  Thanks big bro.

According to Conley:
What is your name?  "Conley."
How old are you?  (Holds up hands with four fingers) "I cannot tell you."
What is your favorite thing to do? "ummm, play on the phone."
What do you want to be when you grow up? "astronaut."
What is your favorite food? "macaroni"
Who do you like to spend time with? "Cam." "Like, everyone Mom."
What do you do really well? "ummm, play on the phone."

Have I mentioned that I loathe phones???😫

What makes you laugh? "pooting."
What is the best time of day? "play on the playground."
What are you afraid of? "ummm, of ghosts."
Who is your best friend? "ummmm, everyone."
What do you like to do with your family? "ummmm. hangout."
What do you love to learn about? "ummm, school. so that's easy.  so easy.  the easiest thing ever."
Where do you like to go? "I like to go to space."
What is your favorite book? "my favorite book is Pokemon."
If you had one wish what would it be? "uh, ultra gun, like just watch me now."
Who are you going to marry? "No one.  I don't want to marry anyone, Mom.  Don't say that!"

Until the New Years Interview...😆
---
THE PARTY
I quit throwing huge parties after Conley's first birthday (it just became too much, & we couldn't possibly go to all the birthday we would love to go to).  Now, it's just family/neighbors that will travel to Knoxville.  When I asked Con what kind of party he wanted, he really never could pin point the birthday party he wanted, so I kind of helped him.
He loves The Nightmare before Christmas, we had a ton of Halloween decor that would "go with the flow," & Jack the Skellington just seemed like the perfect way to celebrate Con turning the big F-O-U-R.  So, Jack the Skellington it was!

He really doesn't care about a birthday theme right now (when mama's get to have fun🙃).
All he cared about was getting a humongous Stitch & a Batman toy.
Everyone delivered & he KEEPS telling me, "Mom, I loved my birfday."
We have the best family & friends ever.
You know how with time, many memories seem to fade?  Well, I hope his sweet little voice never fades.  I want to bottle it up & keep it with me always.  Corny-maybe, but I die over it.  And it's kept him alive on several occasions.

Here are a few pics from his special day!
This is our home, in it's natural state.
I should have taken more pictures!  But if you've ever been/thrown a kids bday party (especially your own, that is typically the bottom of the totem pole in things you get to do! 😬)

Sources:
Cake (by me-I took a class last summer, made a cake for our Bebe & never braved it again.  We couldn't find a Jack cake so I attempted.  I'd like to keep experimenting!)
Balloons: Amazon (don't fool with a balloon garland...that is why we have so many balloons on the floor).
Jack Balloon (Publix)

For their gift from their dad & I, we like to give them something that is attached to an experience or a fun day out (Build A Bear/Toys R us (may it RIP)/Smart Books & Toys-you get the picture!) and Con picked Build a Bear this year.  He started out wanting Pikachu, but decided on Chase when we got there.  He has basically slept with him & his ginormous Stitch every night since.  He LOVES stuffed animals❤️

We got Halloween donuts & chocolate milk (another banned item from the grand ole dentist) for breakfast & then went to the mall.  He was so excited!  Also, can't forget to mention this was also Bakers FIRST ever outing :). And first trip to a mall.  She was an angel, naturally!  Then we basically didn't go anywhere else until this past week😂
Here are some pictures from that special outing...
He drug him all the way out of the mall with that leash and
...it was, yes, the cutest thing you've ever seen.
If you're still reading, I owe you a big thanks for enduring the outpouring of my mom heart🤪
Happy Monday, I'm crossing my fingers for a snowy Tuesday!
Amie said...

Happy fourth birthday to him!!! Bowen will be four on Saturday! I agree their sweet little voices are the best :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bowen!! I can't believe it!