SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 27, 2020

Baker Henley | 1st,2nd+3rd Months

Hello, third child!🙃
My baby girl.
Despite the slacking in posts...she is the one I have most soaked in for sake of more time and less stress.  I'll take that over chaos with updated blog posts anytime!

ONE MONTH
11/9/19
Baker was born the Wednesday of our fall break!  What perfect timing!  

whats new...
life with a newborn...in my experience with three kids-it's always a new life relearning the newborn ways again!  she is so perfect, small, and dainty.  Her features are so girly & cuddly.  Baker, you are the amazing miracle of an answered prayer-I stare at you all day.  Every time I see your face, I see those mornings that I would get up & beg Jesus for a daughter.  One of the greatest things I've learned from you so far is to not be afraid to pray specific requests with the purest of intentions (fine with whatever the Lord sends because he knows best, right?)  But to see that he heard my prayer and he seen that I needed you -I will never get over how miraculous that really is.  I pray he uses you and your brothers in mighty ways.  You, along with your Dad, Cam & Conley are my among most precious blessings aside from salvation.
Also, I adore your name (have for 4 years) and a nickname that finally fits;)
BAE or Bakie as the boys call her🙃

LOVES
eating, sleeping, pooping-repeat:)
her cord came off early, so we got to take a bath early on!  and she's a true girl-LOVES it!

HATES
being laid down
Paci-but we are working on changing that

play & cognitive development
her cord fell off three days after being at the hospital

eat
the quickest to catch on to breastfeeding of my three.  she's a rockstar eater, can't you tell...😋
CHEEKS
the initial part of breastfeeding is always so stressful for me.  I had a harder time with Cam because I had no clue what I was doing-so find myself always paranoid about keeping my supply and making sure baby is full and is eating as much as they need to.  It's hard when everyone wants to hold them and your trying to feed them as much as you need to-but you don't want to "keep taking baby away from everyone."  I've finally learned to get over that and do what's best for us!  In doing that, not trying to diet, and drinking ALL the water-I've had the best experiences.  And I fight to do it for a reason, in my experience, there has been no better way for me to bond with my babies.

sleep
the first night home from the hospital was a disaster.  We attempted getting her to sleep in the co sleeper & every time I laid her downs she screamed.  NO SLEEP AT ALL.  I woke up feeling t e r r I b l e.  We had a house full of family, so the next day we worked on catching up on rest, had some people take shifts-and then after that-I said forget it-she's sleeping on my chest & we've been sleeping good ever since!😂 

sibling love
Cam has been smitten ever since he walked in the room.  Asking to hold her immediately, stealing her from everyone!  Conley has taken longer to warm up as we expected.  I think it scared him to be in the hospital-he even asked if that was our new home💔. Once we got home, and when it was all back to normal, he was absolutely perfect.  He has never acted the least bit jealous, but one day he said, "she's cute, but she's not that cute." 

one month photo dump




























































TWO MONTHS
12/9/19
whats new...

LOVES
the twinkle lights of Christmas
(We went to Dollywood and she LOVED it)
sleepyhead
car rides
splashing in bathtub

HATES
being laid down
love/hate with Paci
being held like a baby🙄

play & cognitive development
she sleeps a lot!
started smiling😍
startles to brothers screaming (24/7) & other loud noises


eat
She is a rockstar.  Every 3 hours or on demand👊🏼

sleep
she has about one evening a week where she is a little fussy, other than that-she is the BEST of my babes in the sleep department!

sibling love
The boys adore her.
They have their own nickname for her..."Bakie." and the argue who gets to hold her and for how long.  Cam is determined to hold her standing up😬. I don't think so.

two month photo dump

THREE MONTHS

whats new...
loves patty cake and all the social games!

LOVES
patty cake
go bananas
shopping with mom😉
smiling
of course Christmas
play mat

HATES
stopping at red lights
Conley + Cam freakout scream modes

play & cognitive development
starting to look at her toys and grab at them to explore
she still loves her twinkle lights
tracking voices of those she knows

eat
rockstar
still basically every three hours
I basically feed on demand though-so thankful to be home with her!

sleep
She's the funniest thing!  When she is ready to go to bed-look out!  It's time to go to bed (about 8:30-9 Bae is ready!). She sleeps through the night-it's a true blessing!

sibling love
Con quote: "Mom, having a baby is so hard."
I want to say...babe, if you had been able to witness yourself or your brother as a baby you'd retract that statement!😂

three month photo dump

























































That's a wrap!
Maybe next month I'll remember more details (without cramming three months into one post🙈)
And retyping it 3 times because my computer wouldn't save it!

Happy Monday❤️