SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Summer Decor Inspiration

If you've ever snooped around on Peaches & Pearls, it's no secret that decorating for seasons & holidays happens to be one of my favorite things to do.

I don't claim to be an expert, or have talent in the area, or desire to be an influencer or whatever else social media has made someone sharing their ideas out to be.  I just like to share this passion!

It's my happy place.  
The place where I go back to my childhood, close my eyes, & try to recreate all the things that make a season what I learned it be way back when the lens from which I viewed the world was always more magical, lighthearted, & carefree. 

When I think of summer I think of long days, warm+light pigments, big bowls of fruit, American flags, cold sweet treats, & anything to do with the ocean or water because I typically spend my entire summer months wishing the days away until my feet hit the sugar white sands in Panama City.

I always want to recreate that feeling when you walk into our home during the summer months.  I want my kids to feel & take in all the excitement of each season just by eating at the dinner table or sitting in the living room for a family movie night (which we love to keep seasonal, too!)🤗
A few summer favorites are...
Heavy Weights
Man of the House
*The Sandlot
Hook
The Parent Trap
*Wild America 
Soul Surfer
Blank Check
*Three Ninjas
Born to Be Wild
**(be careful with some of these with your littles, I found out the hard way-earmuffs, blindfolds!)
Can't tell we're 90's kids, can you?
Our ice cream jar...that we've never got to use this year.  
The ice cream truck only graced our presence once this spring.
All I can say is he's missing some good business!
The hubs has yet to hang this mirror.  
He likes to procrastinate (or hire out/cheapskate work😂)
All the tangerine + orange essential oils!
Summer memories❤️
My fav spot in the house now!  Our booth!  We still need a lighting fixture, chairs, & a cushion for the bench but I think it is coming together nicely.  All in time!
My budget for shelf decorations was mainly dedicated to the actually booth project this year...but I did score some finds at the Target clearance aisle & can't WAIT for Fall & Christmas!
The boys are already excited for Spider to see it (our Elf on the Shelf!)😉
Summer-it's been real & it's been fun-but I can't wait for all the
pumpkins coming soon!