SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 16, 2019

Friday Favorites || Long Time, No See

It has been a looonnng time since I participated in High Five for Friday & can I just say how much I miss it!?  I'm scared to say this, but maybe life has slowed down just enough to give my blog a little attention.  I sure have missed virtually spilling my brain about our weeks & all the thoughts I'm filled on this blank white screen.  It really is therapeutic for me!

This weeks faves...

one. cam starts first grade!
who confused the first day of school?  this girl.  we were driving home from the beach & got a phone call from Cam's school greeting us into the new school year which started the next day with a half day!  Wouldn't you know this would happen?  I felt terrible for messing that up (I thought he started Tuesday, & that's what I'd been prepping him for).  Somehow we pulled it together & though the entire week felt like a marathon-we DID it!  And it turned out to be a great week.  God is always SO good!

two.  week two of new experience as a TELETHERAPIST
I'm scared to death to say this...but I am L O V I N G teletherapy.  I keep waiting for there to be some catch to this dream world, but with my second week in, aside from a few scheduling + technology glitches, it is AH-MAZZZ-ING.  I don't have to leave the house & get tons of breaks in between.  Plus, I haven't been hit or had my hair pulled out the whole time:). It's one of those..."oh, so this is what I killed myself for during my 7 years of college...I get it now" moments.  And I thought that moment would never come!
the best part of this gig?
I get to do more mom things!🙌🏻
Picking Cam up & dropping him off is one of the highlights of my day. 
I never knew how much that would mean to me.

three.  nesting mode || august progress
Bebe, Joe Daddy, & KK (Cade's mom, dad, & sis) so graciously came down & offered their time to help us this past weekend do a little work around the house.  We added an extra shelf to both the boys & baby girl's room & you would not believe what a difference that makes in everyday life (putting away laundry, getting dressed, getting organized).  It is a life changer.  We also found a ROUND HUGE Restoration Hardware table on the yard sale page for the dining room & I don't think Cade or I have loved a piece of furniture more than this piece😂.  Overall, we still have a long way to go, but PROGRESS!  I still have to paint Baby Girl's closet (almost done) before we can organize, but we did finish the boys...
It's a beaut, Clark!  Now we need taller chairs😂

four.  flag football baller status
cam's first sport ever
Can I just say how thankful I am for flag football for a "first year-er?"
A little less nerve wracking without all the tackling!
We decided to let Cam be the one to decide/mention when he wanted to start sports.  My mentality is...let them be kids for as long as possible.  Granted, he didn't know what the heck he was doing for a little while😬...he caught on pretty fast.🤗   And though this season has been incredibly busy & fast, & FOUR games during the first week of school can be totally o v e r w h e l m i n g ...he seems to enjoy it when he gets on the field.  And he does awesome!  
I can't believe my baby Cam Cam is this big.🙈




five.  Also, ME
Happy weekending❤️