SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, March 9, 2019

March 8th

And now, in the live story that has unfolded on this blog-I'm thirty one.
I think I started this blog when I was 24.  No babies, no idea of life as it is now.
Here we are...March 2019!

I had one of the best birthdays I've ever had yesterday.
The school system I work at randomly had the day the day off, so no school for me!
Pretty sure there isn't a better gift than a day off though, right??🙌🏻
It was definitely a mental health day.

Besides dragging the boys out of bed for a dentist appointment that ended up being a month late.
We walked in the door with Conley screaming, "I don't want to brush my teeth!" and a "Are you sure you're at the right place?" to "Ahhhh, I see what you've done, the appointment was February 8th."
Great, thanks lady.
The kids who took blood, sweat, and tears to drag, dress, & have at the dentist by 8:30 were now crying over the fact they couldn't stay and play the cool video games the spotted in the waiting area.
I could swear to y'all that I made it ON my birthday b/c I had the day off, but, I am thirty one now.👵🏻
We ran to see daddy at the job & deliver some checks, then we met C at Einsteins Bagels for some coffee (the first time I've had a sip in TWO months!🤢. More on that later)
Conley was covered in bagel smear & play doh by the time we left.

Later that day, I have promised them ever since Valentines Day we could go to Chuck E. Cheeses (b/c Aunt KK sent them gift cards-that they LOST!).  Given that I let Cam stay out for a dentist appointment, I had decided this would be a good opportunity -especially with all the rain + cabin fever.  Chuck E. Cheeses doesn't open until lunch, though.  #cryfest

I gave them the option of going home or loafing around until it opened.
They finally agreed they would go to Target for a matchbox car.  
I kid you not, they were pretty much angels & the walk through Target was not painful!
I scored a few things on clearance.  If you are looking for home things, now is the time!
By the time we were done at the "terget circles" it was time for the mouse + pizza.
Their faces tell it all.
They had a blast until it was time to leave.  Let me rephrase that.  Until it was time for Cam to leave.  He pitched a good one over not having enough tickets to get a prize off the shelf (& that I wouldn't go to Target to get him the toy he wanted).

I felt a bit hopeless in that moment.
The boys needed batteries so we made one last stop on the way home to our Target.
It was pouring the rain, so instead of wrangling the boy pack, we got slushies & my Starbucks free bday drink (I always look forward to that!) & sat at the window playing eye spy UNTIL Conley had to poop.  Every mom knows a good adventure ends in a public restroom poop.
SO we loaded up the state of Tennessee & squeezed into a tiny stall to wait.
And wait a looooonnnnngg time.
Long enough for the boys to hear two little girls in the stall beside us converse:
Girl in stall: "Im sorry, it's diarrhea!"
Girl outside stall: It's okay!

That was the WRONG thing to say, girls.
Conley's evil grin appeared as he sat there on the toilet & he shouted "DIARRHEAAAAAA!
The boys died laughing, much, I'm sure to those little girls dismay.
Are swirly's permissible from a mom?
I thought about it.  Not gonna lie.

That was the end of the Target trip.
We went home & spent the rest of the day cleaning house & doing laundry.
When Cade came home, he brought the sweetest little pile of gifts.  Not only from him and the boys, but from family.  Squall fest.  
The donuts.  There's a back story.  
He loves donuts & since we moved to Knoxville, he discovered the Krispy Kreme hot light.
I beg to try the gourmet donuts every now and then & he refuses b/c he is sold on KK price & the hot sign.😂. So selflessly, in spite of the hot light sign right beside Status Dough, he grabbed 3 boxes of specialty donuts for my birthday.  The sacrifice!
I love that boy!
To top the day off, after Cam asked me three times if I was pregnant because I am fat...
what a way with words.  I decided I wasn't going to try to hide it anymore.
By the end of the day, we called up all the fam, & eventually announced to everyone that we are expecting baby #3!!
More on that later:)
a little bit of emily said...

Ahh happy birthday and congrats!!! Definitely a way to celebrate your 31st!

Amie said...

ok so I kind of thought that by the Target photo but I am currently just 'fat' so I definitely wasn't going to ask..haha Congrats!! This is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! That's right:). I thought the same thing about the picture. You are NOT in the least bit fat, girl. Have a great weekend!