SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cam's 6th Birthday

Last Wednesday evening, we broke the news to Cam that the last part of his spring break would be spent at the beach.  Not just the last part of spring break, but his 6th birthday!  
How is this little guy SIX???

If you can figure it out, please let me know.
The grandparents & aunts left with the boys Thursday morning & Cade and I left after work.  Cade ended up having to work later than expected.   I used the time to run allllll the birthday errands + do all the birthday things + drop the pups off with their sitter for the weekend.

Side note:
Cam decided last minute he wanted a golden ninja party, so that required some creativity.

By the time we left, it was about 7:30 pm.
We hit traffic head on.  Until the sun went down, I worked on building Cam's cake topper, a golden ninja dragon kit deal.  Cade continuously taunted of how I'd lose all the pieces, & homegirl didn't lose one piece.  I put it away as soon as the sun went down & finished the next morning!
Once we got out of the traffic, we turned up the 2k hits & floored it.
 We literally made it through all the 2002-2010 Spotify playlists, yall.
Arguing all the way over the ones we wanted to listen to in true married peeps fashion.
I have an awesome playlist now thanks to that labor of love.
Cade started struggling about 3 hours away (I had drank a coffee for the first time in 3 months-so I was feeling good!).  Though I offered to drive numerous times, Cade is stubborn like that.
At our last gas stop, he downed a 5 hour energy + Red Bull, while I resorted to boiled peanuts😂 
We rolled in about 3:30 am.
Conley & Cam were in our room at like 6 Friday morning.  
YOLO!

Somehow, I got a gust of adrenaline & did not feel tired.
We lounged around the room for the morning, & Cam's table of presents were haunting him.
I'd say by 9:30 am he had opened everything.

First, he asked for a fish aquarium from us.  How random is that?
For weeks, maybe months, he told us he wanted fish.
Then, very recently he brought a fundraiser home from school that promised if you sold 45,323,424 items you would win a Nintendo (*Contendo Switch) *Cam & Con terminology.  He was "determined" to "win" it & it's so hard to explain these fundraisers AND claw machine prizes to him.🙄
Thank you evil people for making parenting even harder than it is!
Saying no is an option though, & I'm not against that.  I will say we exercise it regularly-but it is a lot easier when you have an explanation.
SO, I suggested that it may be better to ask for it for his birthday.
Well, though not as cool as "winning" it, that's just what he did.
And just like that...there went our tax money.  Lol.

Before we braved the chilly 60-70 weather for the beach & pool, we went to eat a quick lunch & popped into a touristy shark stop.  As we drove around the city, it was crazy to me to see all the damage from the hurricane that happened this past October.  So much devastation & destruction!  Not just to the buildings, but even to the pool & hot tub we usually go to.  They were still closed down d/t the sand caked in the bottom.  We had to travel a good distance for warm water!
But that didn't stop most of our crew.  They hopped in the ocean AND the cold pools.
While I trailed behind in several layers, sweatpants, and a huge sweatshirt.


Conley was in love with the sand & throwing it everywhere, while Cam was in love with trying his darn best to use his goggles in an inch of water.  I wish I could have captured their faces the entire time they swam in the pool.  I was afraid, like the past two summers, we'd have to start all over again with getting them in the water, but they popped right in.  You couldn't wipe the smile off Con's face😁
Much to my husbands excitement, it was an all you can eat crab leg buffet for supper.
We had to drag him out in time to throw Cam a mini party.

\

Call it old age or pregnancy, I just can't hang these days past 9 pm.  Cade can't either so I guess it's old age, but I'll call it the life of hard working parents🤷🏻‍♀️. What began as attempt to put Conley to sleep led to me waking up at 3 am in what I wore to dinner.
#momprobs

Saturday we went out for breakfast, my favorite time to go out for a meal 😉
Then, Cam conned all family into contributing to items for his Nintendo (*Contendo Switch) during a quick stop at Best Buy.  That six year old is set for life now.

For the next day out in the sun, I actually joined everyone & put on a bathing suit as it crept into the 70's quicker that day, & we ALL got in the heated pool & hot tub.  It wasn't terrible, and  I totally did it for the birthday boy & his baby brother side kick.  Why do days in the sun go by so quickly?  Before we knew it, it was time for dinner!  We were super excited for Captain Anderson's, my favorite PCB restaurant.

I haven't been able to eat much, but what I did eat, it was great!  And Cade even surprised me with some key lime pie to go.  Then it was off to Cam's request for bowling.  Turns out, it was a 45 minute wait to bowl, so they gladly opted to waste money at the arcades.  Perfect end to a perfect day.


Gosh, I'm getting rusty at all this storytelling!  Sorry for all the rambling with really no points...
While this mini vacay was fast & we did A LOT of driving, but I'd like to think we won't remember that, just all the fun together celebrating Cam's sixth birthday!
Cant wait to go back this summer!
Hope you all had a great weekend
XO