SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, February 16, 2019

Friday (er Saturday) Favorites

My wish may have come true.
A weekend that lasts forever.  Not because of snow, though...
We were already looking forward to having Monday "off," or in my case it's a "work from home" day... and as I left the grocery store Friday evening, I got the text that our school district will be out until next Thursday due to sickness!  Soon after, Cam's school district, who had already cancelled school two days last week, made the SAME decision.  Wash your hands, people!
It has been UNREAL how many sick people we have here in East Tennessee, in particular, the drop in attendance I have seen in our preschool.  Half of the kids on my schedule were ABSENT almost everyday this week and last week.

I am so excited to wake up to a week I don't have to dread:)
Lol, truth is the truth.
(how Cam goes to the grocery store)
We really haven't even began celebrating Valentines day yet, so thats another post for another day:). Let me just walk down memory lane.  It's been a while!

I am pretty sure it has rained, been dreary, and cold every day since I published the last post.
One recent Saturday, it slowly warmed up to 70 degrees and the sun came for a visit!
It was the perfect day for coffee + choc milk + a visit to the park.  The boys ran their hearts out.
Tepp tagged along & every single person wanted to pet her - she loved every minute.
Who am I kidding, we all loved that sunshiny day!
Ate lots of Mexican.  We've got to branch out...
Since then, we have had the best visits with family coming over to celebrate January and February birthdays.  Cade, Joe Daddy, Lala, & Papa have all recently celebrated birthdays and we are so thankful for another year with our people!  We are due a trip to NC, soon!  I'm hoping this weekend break gives me the umpth to do it!
a typical outing facials.
I really have to do better about taking pictures when everyone is here🤦🏻‍♀️
I take pictures of coffee, but not people.  It's sad.

I actually got my hair done for the first time since September.  Notorious for stretching it out as long as I can.  I finally found someone who listens about color AND wanting to let it grow again!  I walked out with BROWN (not black/red/blonde) hair, and a trim, not a five inch massacre🙌🏻 
and lastly...the new phase we are in, consisting of attitude, whining, and major fighting between brothers.  What to watch, what to eat, where to go, what to do.  If one says up, the other screams down.  
Not that this hasn't been going on in the past, it's just escalated to a new level.  
Any advice?
We've been watching too much GG.  They look like mini Chuck Bass's.
Cam, the 5 year old/with 13 year old girl emotions, is about to send me up the wall.
He. cries. over. e v e r y t h i n g.  Even finding a way to whine over happy stuff.
Ex). We went to the playground and had a Chick-fil-a date on Valentines day & he cried the entire time about how far it was from the playground to chick-fil-a.😑
HELLLLLLPPPPP!

LOVING:
1.  ALDI Candles
they are $7.99, HUGE, and sooooo pretty!

2.  Little Hoot Designs
Got these for the boys for Valentines day!  Dying to take them to a game...
GO VOLS 🍊


3. Scary Movies + The Office or Gossip Girl with him
(We are watching Gossip Girl for the second time😂)
I can remember those times he would leave for work & this is one thing I missed so much!  
Lazy time together.  Thankful for the little things.
4.  Picking out Natives for summer
Who would have thought I'd have made the boys Saturday morning by letting them show me the colors they want for warmer weather?🤗. We swear by these shoes in the summer!  
So durable, easy to put on, & comfy!
5.  THIS BOOK
As if I could love her any more, she goes out and writes a book like this.
Stop everything and read now.  It will probably be something I read every year.  
It spoke to and encouraged me in so many ways!
Happy Saturday!
"XOXO"