SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Surprise! Our Sweet Baby A #3!

We are over the moon excited about our new baby on the way!
I can't believe I'm only 2 weeks away from being into the second trimester-
& boy, am I EVER ready if it promises a relief from feeling so puny all the time!

It's taken me a long time to come to the keyboard to type all this out.
I just don't even know where to begin.  I want to remember it, but I'm always afraid to start because I'm afraid I'll forget something.  That has been the biggest challenge for me in blogging lately.
 I've got to do better!

In January, one little work out changed it all.  After I finished that morning, I felt so weird.  Dizzy.  Fatigued.  Heart racing.  Out of breath.  Just not normal. 
I don't know why but I just had a nudge to take a pregnancy test given how I felt.
I did a double take when I seen "PREGNANT" pop across the screen.
I took 4 more to make sure.  Yep.  All said pregnant.
I met Cade outside that evening when he got home from work & shared the news!
It took us a while to believe it, but once we did, the excitement and reality of it set in.
We kept a pretty good secret for almost 2 months.
That's record for us!
On my birthday, Cam asked me 3 times if I was "pregnant."
"Mom, your belly is fat!  Are you pregnant??"
From the mouth of a 5 year old, right?  I knew it was time to tell everybody.
That night, we told the boys.  Cam was super excited, he had to write the date on his calendar and kept saying "I wish it would come right now!"  He couldn't wait to tell his big brother news at school when they had share time.  Conley was a little confused in understanding but kissed my belly before we went upstairs for bed that night & said "der's a baby in der?".
They both want a sister, or so they've consistently said.  My mom said Conley told her he wanted a brother once.  Conley says if he has a girl he wants to name her boy.

I imagined we would schedule a photographer to catch cute announcement pictures, but given how long we had waited & the fact that it was time to tell, we ended up snapping a picture ourselves & face timing all our family to share the news (not how I planned it), Cam being the bearer of the good news.  I think we shocked a few people;)
And of course, the inevitable facebook announcement to really make it official.😋

A few things about the first trimester...
-If I forget my nausea medicine at any time, I am miserable.  
-If I crave anything, I don't know why when I get it.  Nothing is very rewarding after I eat it, but I have to eat, or I feel even worse!

-I've already been to the doctor twice, I go for the first "big appointment" this Tuesday!  Let this sweet journey begin❤️  
-Never have I ever seen my belly morph at a quicker speed...
-My best friends are lemon essential oil + B12 vitamins
-We are going to find out the gender...when?  End of April/Early May.  A blood test would cost us anywhere from 400-8000 dollars SO... we will wait.  I really wanted to announce it with the gender (but my baby bump was having no part in hiding out that long!  Especially if I am having to wait until 16 weeks)

-Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit refresher with or without lemonade...
perfect pregnancy drink.  I have craved this & it seems to settle my stomach.  Also, half and half teas with lots of lemon!
-Coffee has been an absolute NO, up until this week.  I could not even fathom the idea of a cup...and it's been that way with all three of my pregnancies.  I've been without it for almost 3 months!
-Baby A #3 wasn't planned per se...we knew we'd like to have our third in the fall/winter of 19/20 but wasn't sure how it would unfold.  I like it better when God takes control, myself!  Even though baby & Conley will have birthdays within one week of one another if it all goes as expected.

Amie said...

Congratulations again!! This is so exciting!! Bowen told the girls at daycare he was having a baby brother...um no you are not! haha

Cassidy Adams said...

Awwww thanks so much! I think he's hinting he needs a buddy ;)