SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 27, 2018

Soup Sunday Bucket List

There is just something about sitting down to a warm bowl of soup in the fall. 
Does it make sense that it's even b e t t e r when you walk in the door from church s t a r v i n g like Marvin, but alas, you catch a whiff of lunch ready to go in the crock pot. 
Football games blaring in the background.  Leaves dancing in the wind.
Ahhhhhh. 

the lady chicken noodle soup recipe

It's like this, you know how Cheryl said April 25th was the perfect day?
All you need is a light jacket.
Well I'd say September 25th is.
All you need is a soup in the crock pot.
It seems as though I unconsciously trickle it off of dinner rotation the minute spring has sprung
& just as withdrawals begin to hit -
It's that time again!
 
All the feels, guys.  All the feels.
 And yes, I just basically wrote a love letter to soup.
Some classic favorites around our home are taco, chicken noodle, potato, & I personally love my vegetable soup & my mom's broccoli & cheese.  But I couldn't force that down all THREE of my boys (yep, hubs included) throats with a ten foot pole.  "Broccoli???  Are you kidding me, mom?"
I can hear Cam now.
"Mom!  That is from the 1980's, gross!"
Just so you know, he thinks the 1980's might as well be the 1890's.
And that's his new zinger phrase.
Also see:
"Mom, did they have water when you were growing up?"
Totally had a gray hair at work last Friday.  Glowing so much so, I plucked it out.
THEY are why, friends.  My kids are why.
This Sunday marked the end of reintroducing our "tried & trues" & now it's time to add some new to the mix!  I thought I'd share to give you & your family a place to come for inspiration if you're into soup, too.

tomato + basil tortellini

ravioli soup

*creamy sausage and tortellini soup

cheeseburger soup

chicken fajita soup

creamy chicken + corn chowder

white chicken lasagna 

cheesy southwestern chicken tortilla

*dixie stampede vegetable soup

* = I've made & it's delicious.

I could scroll Pinterest for days looking at soup.
I have to know, what's a soup without a garnish?
Grilled cheese (love to cube & drop in & totally want to try these for the boys!), saltine crackers, sour cream, green onions, monterey jack cheese, + crushed up bacon + ritz.

I'd love to know some of your favorites!
Happy Soup making. 
a little bit of emily said...

My mouth is watering - now all I want to do is make soup. :) Pinned lots of those to try! I think the second to last link is linked to the wrong recipe, though. Unless I just keep hitting the wrong one. :)

Cassidy Adams said...

I'll have to check that out! Thanks Emily:). Happy Tuesday!