SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 31, 2018

friday favorites || long weekending love

Can I just say, that after three weeks of working M-F how much I appreciate this Friday + Monday OFF!?  That's pathetic!  I know.  I've definitely got my head in the clouds this Friday morning☺️

I'm probably most excited about actually getting to take Cam to school this morning & pick him up this afternoon!  And have a long day with Conley.  We have so much to do!  Let the errands begin!


Happiness sprinkled throughout this last week:

one. supper club
Cade cooked "his legendary breakfast" or so he claims (okay, he is a great breakfast chef, the best) for our sweet neighbor friends & it was a great evening of laughter & kid messes, & gravy.  Lot's of gravy.  Don't tell him I like it.
 
two. sister sister
Bebe & Joe Daddy came to take the boys shopping for a few school things this past weekend, & while a lot of that free time was spent doing a much needed house cleaning, my sister & I took a break + snuck away for a few short hours to do a little window shopping (something i m p o s s i b l e with a bunch of boys!).  Didn't buy a thing but a refreshing cup of coffee & sunflowers at Trader Joes, but oh the things I had all the heart eyes for.  Such a fun day, & it ended up being about 90 degrees, but that morning totally felt like fall!  Next time we go shopping, it will be my turn to buy school/winter/church clothes + a side of holiday pj's for our little stinkers! 
How can straight leg pants be so hard to find for a 5 year old boy??

Pottery Barn finds that I'll never be able to afford:
THIS DESK & chair.  NEED.



That galvanized pumpkin at the bottom has given me all the inspiration for my mantle.  I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a sale or a cheaper version... if you find one I'm all ears!
I need this pendant in my entry.  Isn't she pretty?

All the cute Halloween stuff! 😍

And a few favorites from Altered State.

This dress just screamed fall pictures to me...


three.  new work bag to the rescue!
Totally sold a watch I got from Christmas a couple years ago (thanks to my apple watch taking over my life) & in return, snagged this bag for work. That is kind of my way of buying things.  Sell on eBay & buy something I'll use.  🕺🏿I may or may not empty this tote on the weekends & use it for a purse, because I love it so much.  It's huge, stands up on it's on (which is contrary to the one I currently carry) & has the cutest Dalmatian/cheetah-ish print on the inside. 
I've been eyeing it for probably half a year thanks to @thesisterstudioig.
 I will affirm.  It is as dreamy as she claims it is. 
four.  favorite people in the world
My preschool staff at my old school (old as of spring).  I love & miss them so.
Talk about the most precious snail mail to receive a card from them delivered to my new school this week.  It will stay in my bag to pull out when I need it!  Love, love.

five.  long weekend, here we come!
SO to do, but at the top of my list, a few simple things:
---
1. Actually read the entire Fall Magnolia magazine.  I tend to get to look at one picture & end up storing it away for a time when things slow down & "I can."  Yeah, right!
2.  A little shopping + haircuts for the boys!
We've got birthday presents to buy & my shaggy brothers need a good snip!
3.  PSL!  I just got an email they are b-aaaaack.
4.  Stay up late & binge watch Very Cavallari.  I shouldn't, but I can't stop.  Thanks, Bebe!  I'm an old Laguna beach junkie from "way back in 2002" & I think my main obsession with this show is Nashville.  I love that city.  I want to go this fall so bad!
5.  I'll probably spend the rest of my free time when the boys are asleep printing + laminating new therapy materials +listening to Laura Mize podcasts.
I am in pediatric SLP m-o-d-e.
 
A little update  To save my sanity, but preserve this sweet space, I'm going to shoot for two (vs. three) posts a week.  The usual Friday favorites & then a side of something else during the week that I have on my heart.  Something I feel that is less diary like & more worth sharing. 
I have a post I've been writing about my "journey" for lack of better words, to becoming a morning person.
Should be fun!
 
And way more importantly (than morning people), Cam is hard at work sneaking my phone away making more videos.  Caught him red handed.
Stay tuned.😜

Happy long weekending, sweet friends!


Anonymous said...

Where so I start? YES I can so relate to the only being back at work a few weeks and needing the time off - I think it is because we still remember what it is like to feel rested and have time to do stuff. AND when you are off your life becomes wider - with more interests, better cooking /cleaning / more social time that you get used to that and pine for it! I might be wrong but that's just my take on it! The desk you spotted at PB is gorgeous - I'd love a nice desk too, but I just donated my second hand one to Caspar and now don't have one. And can't afford a new one! But it is nice to get the odds and ends things for Fall to jazz up the house isn't it? I am going on a hunt again today... LOVE your bag - really gorgeous! Have a great Labor Day weekend! Joanne x

Cassidy Adams said...

That's a great way to put it Joanne! Thank you! Happy Labor Day<3