SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 12, 2018

Cam & Conley's Big Boy Room

Driving down the road the other day...
Me: Conley, you're a nut.
Conley: NO.  I'm not a nut, I'm Conwey!
Cam: Yes, he is a terrifying baby that kills prey.


Alrighty then.  And that my friends it what big boy rooms are made of.
A nut/terrifying baby (or four year old) that kills prey (or mamas)...


In all seriousness, I've meant to share their big boy room when we came close to putting it all together this past June, but I just kept waiting until we had it "all finished."  Is there ever a real "all finished" project?  Not with me.  There are still little touches I'd like to add such as a headboard (I'd like to diy & add in a cool lighting fixture overhead), a fan, an extra rack in the closet, & a bed skirt...but I figured since that isn't looking like it will be done anytime soon it was about time to share a n y w a y!

compass pull || dynasty prints
Chewy is a must & that little lion on Conley's bed...I used it in all his monthly pictures during his first year❤️

I added these vintage green pulls to tie in the little hints of green I was going for.

I love little cheap things you can do in a room such as this to add character & tie it all together.

I love, love, love shelves in any room b/c they are always fresh.  You can change them if you want as you need to.  I love that you can add little seasonal touches to them or switch out the things the boy's are into at that specific time.

*Sidenote: I spent 3/4 of Christmas break putting that Ghostbuster car together, needless to say- it is going to stay high on the shelf until they turn 18.
And since it's the new year & I'm in organization mode...how do you guys organize your kid's closets?

I put Cam's clothes on one side, & Conley's on the other (until we can hang another rack to separate them) & have a shoe basket for their shoes under their side of the closet.  Aside from that, they each have a hanging cubby for things like swimming trunks/gloves/etc.  That seems to work well but THEN...there is the never ending editing when they outgrow things.

WAIT FOR IT ...



That up top is the clothes I need to save for Con, & purposely hidden from your vision in the right side of the closet is a plastic bag that has clothes to share with others who have little boys.  I don't even want to think of their drawers & all the editing I need to do there!  It never ends!

A little babble to leave you with about this sweet room:
I l o v e when my silly little house dreams come to life.  I never got to do a nursery for Conley b/c we were uprooted at the time, but we had some fun things left from Cam's nursery that I got to incorporate into the big boy room.  I loved that they were old enough (well, mostly Cam) to give me a little input at some things they wanted to incorporate.  Like the color green, sharks, cars, dinosaurs, & Toy Story. 

For lack of better words, kids are so dang fun!



I pulled it all together with my favorite piece...that sign. 
If there is one thing I think my boys will grow up to be-it's warriors.  I hope they choose to be good warriors for the right things. 

Sources:
industrial shelving || Kirklands


star light || Target

hedgehog bookends || (old) PBKids

starglobe || Target

pennant flags || strawberry moth

comforters || Target (clearance!  Under 20 bucks!)

I've still seen them lately...

sign || houseofbelonging

kelly green dresser || painted by milkmoonhouse

graphic pillows || Royalkane

large pom pillows || Target

tiny pom pillows || Chezbeccy




Happy Friday, friends.