SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Last Weekend in July

Wow, July 2020.  You've been good.  Even if you do come to us from the year 2020.
We have had one of the most memorable months of our summer.
And this week was one of the most memorable weeks!
It's those times you just want to capture in a bottle and never let go.

I wish my kids could stay this age forever.
Well, except for the constant screaming.
I could do without that-the boys are doing quite the job rubbing off on Bae🤪





My mom & grandparents came over the last part of the week, because we had imagined before school let out we wouldn't be having bible school.  So my precious mom, took it upon herself to order and plan a home based bible school for the boys.  I'm so thankful to have a mama like her.  The boys loved it & I enjoyed her company.  And always my nana and papa.  They often tell me the same stories about their childhood over and over, but I don't mind.  I love to hear about how life was back then.  I think we can learn from those smart people back then!

Somewhere in the mix of things we trudged to football practice in the heat this week for the first time in a while (since our church VBS) and Conley Scout.  I just have no words.
Does anyone have advice on how to teach a child to go to the back of the line after taking a turn? 
And look at a person when they are talking to you?
Asking for a friend.
And that friend has exhausted most options😳
Skits.  Pretend practice scenarios.  One on one convos.  Brother peer pressure.
Please tell me that I can assure that friend it will get better...
🙃

To top the week off, we celebrated Bebe's birthday.
My sister just got a job at a boutique as their new graphic designer and we are all obsessed.
If you are ever in the need for an adorable/unique find-look up Josie's Boutique (and I am obsessed with Little Josies for Baker).  I digress.

KK, Baker, the boys and I had a nice day shopping for the birthday girl.
Thus all the talk about Josie's.  We found almost everything we were looking for at that one stop shop.
And another fave, Bradleys.
I like finding little gems like that.  Don't you?
Next, we got our family favorite cake (Chantilly Lace from Whole Foods) RUN, ate way too much yummy food (hello, First Watch + Copper Cellar) and a short lived day at the pool thanks to summer storms.  I think one of my favorite parts of this time was reliving our crazy Hawaii adventure and hearing it through Joe Daddy and Bebe's eyes.  I'm so glad we can laugh about some of those moments now.
You just never know where life will take you or what it will serve while you're there, huh?
It was a great time💕

All of these moments are just that more special to me after losing my brother in May.
I still can't comprehend his absence, (and though he had been physically missing in our lives for a while, we thought of him and missed him every day-you may not believe that and that's ok.  It's impossible for anyone to know what the other is thinking or feeling) but I know if he were here, we wouldn't miss a moment or waste it worrying over things in this life that are trivial.
We would be cherishing time.  Time doing the things that matter.

And this week, though I didn't think we were going to get to go-
we made a point to make sure we spend some time with my mom and dad. 
This is really the first time since Brody's death we have all been together like this. 
Though they ARE strong, and seem strong most of the time-they struggle.
I'm glad that when one of us needs the other, we aren't afraid to say so & we aren't afraid to drop everything and be there when needed.
I love my family.  I pray we are training our kids to be the same.
I am blessed to have some wonderful people in my life.
Don't miss the little moments-they add up to be the big ones.

"The beginning and the end mean so little, what matters most is what's in the middle."
The Middle-Lauren Alaina