SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday Marvels of a 31 Year Old Mom

I don't know why I felt the need to share my age it just kind of went with this post.

So, when reminiscing about life in 2020...

So far it been an absolute blur.
January lasted a year in itself, and then February has flown by at warp speed with a "fast play" button (as my Conley says -instead of fast forward).  In the midst of trying to care for my kids, myself, my husband, eat healthy, work out, work, clean house, go to church, have a social life...you know-ALL the things- I'm trying so hard to be present in the moment.  But, no matter how hard I *try...the moments are f l y i n g by.  Lately, I've been in major nesting mode.  I'm searching through all of my pictures trying to find the perfect ones for another picture wall & I ran into my pregnancy test dated for February 2, 2019.
It's hard to think about it being a YEAR since I found out I was expecting our sweet Bae.
This weekend has been nice.
Work has been super crazy this week, but when I found out Cade didn't have to work and we didn't have any major plans Saturday-I felt a sigh of relief.  My body and mind needed a weekend such as that!

Saturday morning I met with a couple of girls from our neighborhood for a bible study and it was also so rejuvenating. I always dread meetings-even if they are of my own doing (like the Bible study).  But, I do love when I make myself do something and God blesses my heart in return.
Do you know what I mean by that?
It's like an extra special blessing that you tried to get out of like a crazy person...
I'm trying to start losing the baby weight (the 10 lbs that has refused to come off on it's own) & I'll admit...this is the hardest it has ever been three kids later.  I've never really had to work for it and now I am!  I'll be honest though...I haven't put much effort into it since I've been breastfeeding.  Over the past two weeks, I've started counting calories to make sure I have enough/but not too much and it seems to be coming off day by day.  Self-discipline is my prayer lately!  Thirty is no joke though, apparently.  I'm trying to accept the fact that if I want to look and feel my best from here on out- appetizers and bread must be a very rare event😬. And my recent love affair with red velvet cheesecake must come in a one bite and done package.  Oh the joys of getting older.  I do kind of like the challenge, though.
Kind of inspires me!
Any thirty something moms feel me?

Hmmm.  What else...

We went to Disney for the first time in 10 years.  What is new with that is that we have 3 kids to bring now!  It was kind of surreal moment, because we went there on our honeymoon (it's called marrying young and going to the most convenient location possible😂)  I loved thinking back to that time in our lives and comparing it to life now.  Who knew the next time we'd be back we'd have three kids???  So amazing to experience full circle moments like that.
We already can't wait to take them back.
(We'll forget the lines, the boys fist fighting 56 times a day, Conley catching a case of diarrhea and pooping all over the bed because he licked every pole, and toting the stroller on the buses by then😋)



Tower of Terror 2020...😆

---
Moving on.

This probably should have segued from my weight loss blurb...but, I'll just keep on with my word dump as that's all this post really is and I don't want to end the post with poop😬.  I've found myself really getting into skin and self care since this time last year.  I pray in a way that isn't vain, but that is taking care of the body God gave me.  Nothing like a good knock while your at Disney and (oh, after 3 kids later + a year of working with 20 year olds) to make you realize you're not 18 anymore & that you have to protect your skin, exercise harder and smarter, and fuel yourself with foods that help your body rather than hurt it-also, we are trying to have more date nights, too!  Totally self care in the marriage department.  I never really have made these things a priority since having our babies & just by the few things I've been adopting into my routine lately...I think it has made me better for myself, my kids, husband...actually, everyone in my life just to give a little self love!  And also...it goes without saying that I want to age as well as J.Lo and Candace Cameron when I'm 40/50.  Not gonna lie.🤷🏻‍♀️🤪


I guess I'll stop as I've already embarrassed myself with all these random thoughts...
🙃
Until next year (probably),