SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 13, 2018

Finding Rest

"Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the Lord thy God..."
 
"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.  Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars."
 
 2 Chronicles 16:7 & 9

Let go & let God.
Words I've heard my entire life. 
So simple, so true.
Yet so hard to do for me.


You see, I'm a "fixer."  I have to fix everything.
I want everybody to be happy, I want everything to always go perfectly.
I want everything IIIIIIIIII want & I want it now. 
So many things swirling around in my life, especially when I became a married "adult" &
E S P E C I A L L Y when I became a mama.  I always just imagined that as a Christian, I would naturally let my Father handle worry, concern, or any question I would ever face.
There's no other place in this world I would want to leave it, than in His hands...
But what do I always end up doing?  I snatch it back from him.

God finally stopped me in my tracks when this was the scripture I read the other morning during my quiet time.
Asa, was King of Judah, & was known for most of his reign to have been a righteous King. 

"And all Judah rejoiced at the oath for they had sworn with all their heart and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them REST round about. 
2 Chron. 15:15 

In what I seen as an upside down people, with God's help, Asa stepped in & cleaned up a mess.  He tore down all the strange gods & images while commanding Judah to turn from their sin & to seek the Lord.
But somewhere along the line, as we all do, his flesh apparently got the best of him. 
Asa started taking matters into His own hands. 
He needed something done - but he decided to put legs on it & do it himself with out asking God to help him.  He temporarily might have thought he had fixed everything, but he had just turned things upside down.  He had witnessed God's mighty power in his life & knew that God could provide, but he walked right by God thinking he'd just do things his way.  And that's precisely what WE do, too!

Like Asa, after witnessing God's miracles & provision all my life, when I have a new burden or new need & I pray like I'm going to give it to him...a couple seconds later I'm googling how to solve the problem or looking to someone besides God (no mama can't fix everything) that can't do anything about it to give me answers or direction!

Sure, it may not be an immediate answer & most of the time things will seem "clear as mud," but I think that is the way God likes it.  Because it is then, that our faith kicks in. 

 Oh how it has became my prayer after reading this scripture, that I will quit putting legs on my prayers & trying to do God's work by myself- & instead lay it at his nail scarred feet.  I am but a speck in this universe & to think that I could do something about anything in my life, is comical! 

Lord Jesus,
May we all give you this day, all of our cares & all of our worries, never to pick them back up again, while we enter into the rest only you can give!
Amen.

I hope this uplifts you the way it did me this Monday morning☺️
Anonymous said...

I loved this post - it really got me thinking. And it is so true. Sometimes we need to just be still, be quiet, stop thinking, listen and believe. We can all hear that voice and see the signs, we just have to let go of a lot of other 'wordly stuff' first. I need to read the bible again. J xx

Cassidy Adams said...

Thank you, Joanne! I started reading a chapter a day in 2018 and it has been life changing:).