SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 11, 2018

H54F || May Happenings

Happy Friday, friends!
 
I have had such a hard time finding motivation to blog lately.  May has been extremely hectic & busy... has it been that way for you guys?  End of school year, so much to prepare for on the weekends & during the workdays.  I'm so ready for things to slow down a bit.  Maybe June will bring slower days for this little family of mine. 
I KNOW this... I'll be ready & looking forward to it!
 
So much to share this week!
 
One.  I'm hired! 🙌🏻👩🏻‍🏫🙏🏼
Remember that interview I went to back on my birthday at the beginning of March? 
Well, last week I f I n a l l y heard back from them once they got their schedule together for the next school year & learned that I am officially a speech language pathologist for the Speech Pathology Services of East Tennessee!
 
Can I just praise Jesus for a second, because this has been such a focus in my prayer life since the beginning of the year.  Specifically, not just to have a job, but to have one I love as much as the one I have now, (and to maybe get to stay in Preschool though that didn't sound possible at all from everyone I had talked to)
 
But you know what.  NOTHING is impossible with God.  I was told that the current plan is for me to be at a setting (the SAME school) PRESCHOOL five days a week.  This is something that typically doesn't happen in contracted SLP work.  I am beside myself excited in a bittersweet way (I will miss my Rville Pre-k friends so much), & I'm nervous all at the same time.  I pray God can use me to be a help to the kids I see everywhere I go!  It is a blessing to be in an occupation that allows me to do that!
I officially "start" in August!
We went to Dollywood  (yes, again) with our hometown church last weekend & I used it as an opportunity to drive by my (projected) new workplace on the way!  I will be (should the plan work out & I get to work at this placement) be like 4 miles from the Woods of Dolly.
Two.  Magnolia cooking
If you haven't got the Magnolia Table cookbook yet, run don't walk!
And it irks me to be a fanatic about something that everybody in the nation is a fanatic about, but Joanna rightfully earns it.
I will lightheartedly take a stand against the farmhouse craze, though.  As much as I love aspects of farmhouse, I will never be a gung ho farmhouse girl, simply because it is becoming every house in America-& I do not live on a farm.
 👩🏻‍🌾
I tried the sour cream chicken enchiladas & chocolate chip cookies for dessert last night, & in the words of my husband during the prayer:
"Lord, thank you for Joanna Gaines enchiladas."

 
I kid.  But, he really did say that.  He's a goofball.
Saturday night, were going to try the beef tenderloin.  I'll keep you posted...
 
three.  DATE NIGHT
An actual date night. 
First one in probably two years. 
We went to Chesapeake's & Walgreens🤪
(I had to get my picture taken for my TN Speech Licensure).
So romantic, y'all.  But it's a start!
 

summer date night bucket list😛
 
four.  May the fourth
We did may the fourth up right this year. 
Cam ordered Star Wars pancakes & I tried to deliver.
 
five.  Happy mail days
Need I say more? 
I think I'm gonna wear that necklace for Mothers Day!  I am gravitating toward tassels.  I tend to gravitate toward the things I’ll regret in the years to come🤗
I'm excited about our date night tonight, visiting the flower truck, & mothers day gathering this weekend.
What are you guys looking forward to?
Happy Mothers Day, sweet mamas!
 
Linking up today with the girls of Friday favorites & high five for Friday!

 
 
Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

CONGRATS on getting hired!! Rejoicing with you in your answered prayer! God is SO good!! Hooray for more Dollywood fun, date night, and May the Fourth done right!!! Love it! Wishing you a beautiful Mother's Day weekend ahead! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new post! You must blog on how you settle in with it - getting a new job and meeting new people will be so exciting. Great idea having a date night bucket list - will have to do that too (and get some babysitting planned!). Glad you are blogging again! Joanne x

Veronica Lee said...

Congrats on your new post. Love the photos of your beautiful family.

Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
Have a nice day!