SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

ONE SWEET PEACH || A First Birthday Party

I'm going to probably do two posts on this topic.  

One for the decorations, the other for the sweet memories! 

If there is anything I've learned over the years when it comes to kid birthday parties, it's that you plan easy and do all the work ahead so you can soak in the actual day of it.  And that you don't have to buy the first thing you see that matches your Pinterest board.  You can shop around & find "dupes" along the way.  My husband always makes fun of me for using that word-but, that is one of my FAVORITE words in a woman's world😂

After years and years of planning boy birthday parties, (SO so fun-yet, oh the adorable GIRL themes I always passed by) Needless to say, I was SO excited to plan a birthday party for my little GIRL!  I seriously began pinning first birthday ideas before she was born.  I couldn't help myself when the ideas popped up!  One of my favorite was "One Sweet Peach!"  (I'm kind of partial to peaches...(Peaches & Pearls, anyone? 😋) Despite my love for pumpkins this time of year, and the fact that it kind of still feels like summer when the day peaks... this theme won out.

Friends, you're going to find WAY better pins & photography than these when you start researching this theme, but I figured I'd share our interpretation for Baker, because it was just too much fun🤗

Menu/Food: Brunch! (Pancakes, flavored butters (strawberry, vanilla, plain), original/golden syrups, donuts, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, Peach Punch, Cider, Orange Juice, & Coffee). 

Balloons: I have been so in love with a few local balloon companies & much to my disappointment, when I got a quote that three balloons would cost me $150, I began researching how to do something similar on my own.  I ordered heart balloons from Amazon(10.99 for 5) & cut out large leaves of felt and tapped on with packaging tape (Looked JUST like the strawberry ones this company created that they were gonna charge me 150 buckaroos for).  White pearl clusters with that & I think it was perfect.  They all basically flew away & popped anyway by the time the day was over!

Believe it or not, you can find the entire alphabet balloon set on amazon for 9.59!  I got the Rose Gold for this theme😍

Garland: I had stashed away cute peach banners in my cart for months on Etsy, but when it came down to my budget, it just wasn't worth the $30 each price tag.  I dug in my craft box & found the colors I needed and whipped up all the garland I needed with felt, bakers twine, and hot glue.  Easy peasy.

Cake & Cupcakes: The cake was 12.99 from WALMART.  I asked for buttercream made to look like fondant with out any embellishments (PLAIN) and I followed this recipe to make Baker's peach cupcakes.   I went by a flower truck (can probably find anywhere that has a floral section) & found greenery to add with the faux peaches I had ordered from amazon.  I think simple is the prettiest & I think this project proved it!

Other decorations: As for the other things, I ordered large peaches and small peaches to go on cake & to use during Baker's cake smash/but also double for party decorations. I found this beautiful eucalyptus garland that also went well with this theme from amazon for 16.99-it can double for decorations year round if you want something that is versatile!

Paper Goods: HOBBY LOBBY, I wanted to try the dollar tree but with my two smaller stinkers in tow I was all about a one stop shop & I'm super happy with my choice to go there for everything!  They had the cutest party cups/plates/napkins & it all complimented each other better than I had hoped!









I probably forgot to include some things & will come back to make edits as I remember. 

That's just how I roll.

I'm so happy with how it all turned out.  I think Baker & all of our family had a great day celebrating her, which in the end, is all you really plan a party for anyway!  We don't really need anything but each other, all the frilly stuff is the bonus, right? 🙃

🤪Happy Tuesday!