SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 19, 2020

September || Catch Up

 It is September 18th!

Not very significant for our family unless you credit the fact that it's 4 more days until FALL is official & it's a Friday when we don't have anything on the agenda except Conley's ball game in the morning.  Hallelujah!    

I am dead from September so far.

 I have had a headache for the entire month.  I keep envisioning that meme of Cruella De Ville driving her car...oh heck, let me find it...(though, I'm driving a rental right now because ours was stolen out of our drivewayπŸ™ˆ)


  That is me.  These moms on instagram that get on stories and show a piece of fuzz in the floor and say their house is so messy, and grab their perfectly placed top knot and share their "new trendy lounge wear"  all while saying they just rolled out of bed-they make me sick.πŸ˜‚. Can I say that?  I did.

I'm this.  This is me in the bathtub at night looking at the screen after watching that.

FAMILY

We have been super busy this month with football, Mothers Day Out, & school in full swing.  I can see the boys developing a love for football that they can always share with their dad & it makes me so happy to see that bond.  Cam seems to be happy with the second grade, but poor guy has had a second friend move away since the school year began.  Conley LOVES MDO & he seems to be on the GOOD list most days and I am SHOCKEDπŸ˜‚. But SO proud of him.  He is not only learning important things for kindergarten, but he is learning about the Bible & that honestly makes my heart the happiest.  Baker is actually NOT crying now that "C" (my sister) drops her off & she has made new baby friends & seems to enjoy her teachers.  I love getting her little notes about what she has done during the day: "dancing, stroller rides, and playing" are among the most reported!  We are scheduled for family & 1st birthday pictures this weekend-so party planning is in full swing.  I can't wait to see how they turn out (I know the rest of my family will be flawless-but I haven't had my hair done in months so I pray we can photo shop my frizz ball craziness😬)



When the dentist won't let you come in with kids b/c...COVID & baby is sleeping-
Why yes, I'll enjoy this nice pumpkin cold brew in silence for a few minutes.πŸ˜‹

LIFE

2020.  We are all probably guilty of (A number 1 hereπŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️) starting a conversation with can we just end this year already?  But I read a post about an elderly person who gave 2020 a new outlook.  He claimed he didn't look at it through the eyes of the media or popular topics, he looked at each day through his own eyes & the positive things he seen happening around him.  A family reuniting, a baby being born, kids playing outside without a care in the world.  Flowers blooming, or leaves falling.  A song.  

I feel guilty for carrying on after the death of my brother.  After other people find out terrible news.  

It's so hard to know how to go on while others experience troubles.  But, I read a devotion this morning that πŸ’―spoke to that.  It's all about being heaven - mindedπŸ˜‡

In humor, if we looked at it with earthly eyes-(we will not mention the first half of the year-not humorous at all) we've had our car stolen, a tiger supposedly escaped in Knoxville, and an airplane landed across the road from our exit.  SO.  Yes.  It's been a doozy of a time lately around here!

STYLE/FINDS

Now that I work from home, I feel like I look like a slob at all times.  I have GOT to get up and start putting clothes on like I'm actually going to work.  I do maybe 1-2 days a week, but-it just FEELS better to be put together.  My favorite new thing was given to me by my sister.  

She designed it for Josie's Boutique!  And-you betcha!  It's a. sweatshirt😎



Other than that, we've been trying to find shoes that won't come off these sweet fat feet!  And stuff to make her teething experience easier!  This girly has struggled!

As for home, I guess that will be the next post!  With our fall quiz results & any other things I might can think of to share.  

TRAVEL

Only to school, Practice/Ballgames & Robbinsville, NCπŸ™ƒ

We did go to Cades Cove on Sunday with our church from NC.  It was a nice, slow day to be together & unplugged.  I could feel fall in the airπŸ™ŒπŸ»

ENTERTAINING/RECIPES

The next thing I'm planning is Baker's ONE sweet peach birthday party:)

It's only a small gathering for family, but I want to make it special & I'm having so much fun planning my first little girl birthday party.  I'll share a sneak peek at the box that arrived at my door this morning.

I can't believe my baby is almost ONEπŸ’•

FITNESS

All of that Cruella and headache talk has made me truly getting serious about my health.  I've been typing my nutrition into the calculator since last October, but I've never had motivation with breastfeeding.  I am pretty confident that my headaches and feelings of fatigue have to be due to the fact that I'm always worried about something, filling up on sugar and carbs to fuel me, drinking more coffee than water, & not making time for working out that has me in the shape I'm in.  When I eat clean, my headaches seem to fade.  I'm to the point where I am irritable and hate myself lately-so change is essential!

I'm on day 3 of no sugar-and the headache has faded dramatically-but was terrible the first day.


May these RIP & I never let myself order another candy item from Sams in bulk...I'm done with fighting my holiday candy jarπŸ™…πŸ»‍♀️🀣😜

TBC...

Wishing you a happy weekend full of rest & piling bales of hay & pretty pumpkins on your porchπŸŽƒ

Amie said...

You want to hear the 2020 of all 2020's for me? I found out last week I am 11 weeks pregnant...at 41 years old...had ZERO idea. Also, it took 3 years and IVF to get my almost 5 year old. I mean I can't even....

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But that's so exciting!