SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 3, 2019

Spring 2019

Well y'all, it is official.  We are skipping spring and stepping right into summer as we seem to do every year in the good ole South.  We went from the BEST most refreshing weather for walking after school & visits to the playground, to sweating miserably and feeling faint in a matter of a few weeks. Our pool is opening mid May instead of the traditional Memorial Day!  Its THAT hot!
Lately, we've been saving the later evenings for play.  It's so close to bed time it makes the hubs & I cringe (lol) but we endure for the sake of happy kids & a bit of fresh air.  Every evening our neighbors are waiting outside for the boys to come and play.  They play right after supper and up until it's time for baths.  It cracks me up & I love it so much.

One evening I ate biscuit and gravy twice.  And I almost died.  Maple Biscuit company is delish though.   We give it a thumbs up aside from the environment.  A little too community for me, not enough personal space for a personal brunch outing.  Very cute, though.  This same day we cooked a neighborhood breakfast for supper (yep, why I had b&g twice) and & had an inside egg hunt for the kids.  We also made a bunny cake, something I used to always do with my nana when I was a little girl.
This pics caption:  Conley: "Mom, look at all these bathbombs!"
Okay.  He had to have his picture made with them.
Aye aye aye 😹
The day before Good Friday my little sis invited me to tag along to a concert.  Kelsea Ballerini and Brett Young did not disappoint for a fun night:). 
And the day off to follow, was a m a z i n g for the soul.
For Easter, we went to NC with family to celebrate & it was such a nice time.  We got home late for the easter bunny baskets, & stayed up way too late exploring the new goodies inside.
Last weekend, we took Cam to the race he'd sacrificed for the orange and white game & been dying to go ever since.  They lasted about 5 minutes in the stand before they resorted to watching while they rolled down the grassy hill 54,343 times.  But their faces when those cars made the first lap was worth it all.  Pure childhood dreams.
Lately, it feels as though the school year is finally trying to wind down.  Field trips, award ceremonies, annuals, ordering gifts for the best kindergarten teacher (some first grade teacher has big shoes to fill).  I came in from work last week with Cam saying, "Mom, I have to switch schools!  The first grade teacher is so mean!!!"  
Wonderful news, right?
his teacher sent this in the mail❤️

I wrote a book & dumped too many pictures just to say, remember these little moments.  We may forget them-but what significance they have!  They are what makes up who we are, what we treasure, what we become.  Write things down & save all the pictures-even if you feel like there is never time (because there never will be!  I know!).  You will never regret it.