SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 7, 2017

My Capsule Wardrobe || Summer

So, I'm t o t a l l y late in curating my summer capsule wardrobe...
but that doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about next year!

And what better time to purchase quality summer pieces than the end of the season when everything goes on sale?😉  Plus, I love that a lot of pieces can transition me into the fall!

Here's what I've done with the capsule wardrobe steps so far:

1.  Purge & Pile
cleaned out my closet! 
In the process of selling the things I decided I didn't "love"...

2.  Make a List/Pin/& Plan
after I gutted everything, I made a list in my little notebook of seasons/a pie chart of my daily clothing needs which I found were:
 "50% mom comfy clothes,  40% work/"out and about" clothes/10% church) which I shared here.  Therefore, yes-tees and jeans were at the top of my list...  Then, I hit Pinterest & cleaned (am STILL cleaning out as free time happens) my seasonal boards to only consist of styles I have or want to invest in.  
IN PROCESS  👉🏽  3.Figure Budget & Pre-shop
Over here trying to find "my style," the patterns/colors that I am drawn to, utilizing most of the things I already own & putting it together to make the right outfits!

You can find a lot more in depth steps if you'd like, but they overwhelm me.  So, this is my interpretation & how I went about curating a capsule in a way that best met my needs😘.
*Most tutorials suggest doing a "fashion show" (try on outfits/take pictures of outfits you can put together), which I didn't do <<yet>>, but I guess packing for the beach with what is left has been a form of being creative & putting things together.  
P.S. My boys are w a y more stylish than I could ever think of being...see below👇🏼
After purging my closet, (we're talking two different consignment shops, taking the rest home, taking pictures of each piece, and uploading to Facebook yard sale/eBay pages... with two small children to plan around-mostly this happened during their nap time or late at night) I finally feel like I earned enough money to start adding a few pieces now!  I wanted to share with you some of the things I'd like to add to complete my summer capsule.  Don't worry (like you are😂), Fall is hot on it's trail.  It's my favorite season to dress for!🍂
sandals || tee || shorts || suit || hat || cardigan || sneakers || blouse
*Yes, you need sweaters in the summer...go inside anywhere & you'll freeze to death!
AND these items don't necessarily "go together"...they are just pieces I need to get outfits similar to below.
Outfits I find myself gravitating toward for late summer/early fall...
Seems like I have a boho/athleisure type style when it comes to the outfits I saved & the type of clothes I already own?  Idk.  
I think the pinning & pre-shopping part is my favorite!
Obviously, right?  🙈

But the great thing now, is that I know the characteristics of the pieces I love, what makes me feel happy and beautiful, and what I still need in order to complete my capsule!  I have also found that I have an extra picky eye to make sure I only buy the things I know I'll want to wear for a couple of seasons instead of impulse buying & ending up with something I'll wear one time!  Anybody else do that?😝

P.S. I no longer have a personal laptop😞. Read here to see why.  That's why things have been kind of quiet around here lately...Pray for a Christmas miracle, as I really need one to come into my life soon - not just for blogging-but work, too!  
Until then, I'll be stealing my  mom's every chance I get😁  Sorry, mother dear.