Oh, my goodness! This first week of getting back in to the routine of things has about sucked all of the life out of me...Early mornings, routine, and a toddler who refuses to go to bed until at least 11:30. The all play mentality and sickness has pretty much become in charge of our lives over Christmas break! Will I ever be able to take charge of normal again? Hmmm.
1. Soup I don't know about where you live, but it has been brrrr rabbit FREEZING around my parts of the woods. Some people may want to slap me in the face for what I am about to say, but I love it! Yall-It's winter...it's supposed to be cold! I had lunchroom duty this past Wednesday, and though I'm not usually enticed by the lunchroom menu, when those kiddos started carrying hot beefy vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches back to their seats, I was drooling. There is nothing like soup and a sandwich when it is so cold outside! Needless to say, I came home and made my own version of the soup, but with the grilled cheese croutons that I have been dying to try. Best. Winter. Meal. Ever!
2. Weekends I like to think of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as a mini Christmas break since it is still winter time, and Spring Break seems so far away. Without them, blogging will become a thing of the past. I assure you it is physically impossible to stay current with social media while you have a toddler running around the house. I only blog or do any computer work when Cam is asleep or completely engrossed in a movie (which is very rare). Weekends give me a chance to be productive because I can actually use those late nights to blog for the week and then sleep in...that is, if Cam will let me. He woke me up at 3 am this morning shouting, "Mommy, ready ta go flay!, Duice! Owww, it huts!" It's a good thing, he's cute.
3. Delays We had our first 2 hour delay this past week due to the frigid temperatures. I must say, I don't hate it! I'm beginning to fear that this may be a pretty mild winter in the snow department, but I am still holding out for a snow day or two. Last year, that wasn't even in my radar for the setting I worked in. Fingers crossed!
4. Change I have debated on sharing this with you, as with my husband, nothing is ever written in stone. As we enter the new year, the MR is planning on coming back to work in our little town until he finishes his degree. Cam and I are absolutely beside ourselves SO excited to have him back in our lives again. It's been so hard for the past half year never seeing him and I admit, though I am very independent and don't like to admit when I need help, it will be so nice to have an extra pair of hands around the house (and to keep "Ony" off of the dining room bench). I envision we will actually use his man cave again, have lots of Saturday morning breakfasts, (watch more football) and take advantage of any chance we get to just be together. Let the countdown to next Saturday begin!!
5. Bible Apps Every year, I make a resolution to read through the Bible in a year. As you probably know if you read my New Years post, I decided I never have success with the resolutions I make, so I'm entering the new year taking the things I want to improve on a day by day basis. No, I won't be able to blog every Monday-Wednesday-and Friday, or read my Bible every single day as I wish to. But I accept that it is okay and I can only do the best I can. I have been a "single parent" up until this point and some days we are lucky to get baths and brush our teeth. I know that reading God's word should be top priority, so I did a little research and found an awesome app that allows you to access God's word from anywhere (no worrying about ruining your bible in the suitcase or what time of day you decide to do your devotions). BIOY is an app that is updated daily and has devotions and commentary that is meant to be read alongside a Bible. I have typically been reading the devotions at night and then all of the scriptures in the mornings before work. Talk about a boost for the day! If you are looking for a new year plan to guide you in reading the Bible, I would highly recommend it:)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
"Every day is a gift from God, that is why it is called the Present."-Author Unknown