Twenty Seven. How can it be that this number has showed up in my life so soon? I can remember thinking how old thirty used to be to me. This particular birthday wasn't everything I thought it would be, as we spent the day taking Cam to urgent care to find out he had strep throat & an ear infection. My little man just wasn't himself, laying lifeless most of the (beautiful day btw) & it absolutely broke my heart! But I have to say, I never feel more grateful than when my birthday does roll around & I can count another year that the Lord has blessed me with. Not a day I deserve, but he gives them to me all the same<3 In celebration of my birthday, I thought I'd share 27 things about myself. Indulge me today or come back another time for something more interesting!;)
10. I got a Great Dane in college because my mom promised me if I read her latest Nicholas Sparks book, she swore she would buy me a Great Dane if it died in the book. Needless to say a month later, I had one.
11. I randomly bake sugar cookies from scratch at least once a month.
12. I always thought my childhood home was the house from Home Alone.
13. My imaginary
14. I had the worst Lizzy McGuire style & frizzy hair most of my grade school career. I would love to burn my all of my annuals to destroy proof of my existence back then.
15. I have always wanted a big family. And to marry a blonde headed boy. I did marry a blonde. Laughing...
16. My cousins & I made many home videos of homemade TRL episodes, talk shows (including Jerry Springer ?), The Blair Witch Project & music videos.
17. My favorite place to pray is in my car on the way to work.
18. I have witnessed a Santa Convention complete with 1000s of Santas, Mrs. Clause & reindeer. They even gave me a sticker that said, "I Believe." Yes, I was in my twenties then. I have since then been convinced that Cade & I are destined to attend as a new Clause couple one day.
19. Breakfast is my favorite meal.
20. I was once told to draw thumbnail sketches of my apartment, in which I translated into actual drawings of my finger nails. I turned them in to my teacher (like 10 drawings) & needless to say- we both had a good crying kind of laugh. Maybe thats when I decided a career in interior design was not for me?
21. I always wanted to work at Disney World as a Disney Princess, just for one summer.
22. I have worked in two settings already (nursing home & schools) in my career & that blows my mind. I don't feel like I have been at it long enough to be able to say that!
23. Nashville, TN & New York, NY are the dreamiest places I have ever visited.
24. I really struggled with my salvation. I had a lot of doubt & confusion for years. Today, I can thank the Lord for giving me the peace, understanding, & assurance that I finally needed to give him full control of my life. I am thankful for that struggle & what it has taught me.
25. I am a dreamer, it is what I do.
26. One day, I would love to own a Baby Boutique.
27. Becoming a mother is the best thing (besides salvation) that ever happened to me.
I probably just embarrassed myself by sharing some of those things, but it's Monday & we all need a good laugh or two, right?? Hope you all have a wonderful week! From the looks of it, we are in for a taste of sweet springtime:) Happy Monday, everyone!