SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Happy Birthday, AMERICA!

Another Fourth of July, come & gone!  Can you guys believe we are in the middle of the year?  My baby boy is inching closer & closer to a big ONE year old.  As much as I look forward to Fall, I'd like to prolong that just a little longer:)
I am still trying to get back into the swing of our old routine.  I start working 5 days a week next week (sorry for those of you that work that in general!) but only for half a day.  I do think I'm somewhat ready to get back to some kind of routine as the boys have been wilder & crazier than ever, lately!  We are all creatures of habit & function better that way:)

 Cam swam all week & then came to the lake acting terrified of water #whenyourthree...
And apparently, when your eight months old, life jackets & the lake just aren't your thing.  Conley flipped out about the lake too & that was that.  Soooooo, we turned into our pj's early, strapped on all the festive dollar store gear we could fit on our bodies, & stuffed our faces with key lime pie (okay, maybe that part was just me).  I blame all of this on the fact that we are still trying to recuperate from all the travel. 
We didn't make any fireworks this year, but that's okay.  Sparklers (or "lightners" as Cam calls them) for the win!  He would swirl them around & scream:
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMER-ICA!
In honor of America's birthday, we did a laughably e a s y Fourth version of French toast!
We followed this recipe using texas toast (yet substituted 1 TB truvia for sugar) & garnished with festive colored fruit, then crushed up some blue & red fruit loops to add more blue & red color.
  It was too good, people.

In all seriousness, I've been doing a lot of thinking & reflecting lately.  I'm just that kind of person.  So many times I forget to thank God for all he has done for me.  
Praise should be on my tongue every second of my day.  

I'm ashamed to say, it's a constant battle to put him first in my life.  I get so consumed with my personal life & work, that I put him on the back burner...  I just want to be honest.  
I want to thank HIM for giving us the freedom we have here in America, a day to have fun, people who made such a selfless sacrifice that we could enjoy day's like "America's Birthday," and for my family.  Nothing is possible without Him.  
Thank you, Lord for all your blessings on me! 
I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth:)
Now it's time to put up Fall decorations.  Who's with me?
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
Ashley S. said...

It is easy sometimes to get wrapped up in our own thing and forget to put God first. This post was a lovely gratitude/praise post. Have a great week!

Cassidy Adams said...

Thank you Ashley! I hope you have a great week as well:)