SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 28, 2020

Baker Henley | 9 + 10 Months

NINE MONTHS 


whats new...(or not so new!)

LOVES
pool, her puppies, standing in the bathtub turning the knobs on and off (great fun for mom!), Hallmark Christmas in July marathons with mom😋, grabbing my straws out of my drinks, laying on her belly, playing in mom's makeup, cheese and rice from Three Amigos, snow cones, puts her hands in her hair every time she eats and wears it until the next bath 😖, prowling through the cabinets, standing under the table, her brothers, balloons, spaghetti, sand, baths

HATES
pool (it's a love hate relationship🤪), wearing a hat, being put down, wearing shoes, not a huge fan of her float, being put in her walker, being quiet in church

play & cognitive development
crawling like a boss!  Pulling up like one, too🙃
She was walking alongside the couch this month and fell over getting a terrible carpet burn on her nose!
It was pitiful!  Thankfully, it healed fast!

eat
We are doing more finger foods all the time and she loves everything!
Still nursing before every meal (and for comfort at this point).
I'm not going to lie, I will be heartbroken to stop-especially knowing she is my last baby.  It has been such a precious experience with all three of my babies, but I'm trying not to think about it.  It will be okay:). Isn't everything in the end?

sleep
She take one nap a day in the mornings.  Occasionally she will fall asleep in the evening, but that is usually not a good thing for her bedtime😬. Tell me, what is it like to have a kid that always naps more than once a day?

sibling love
Bakie is a permanent nickname for her from her brothers.  They are so protective over her and fight over who gets to sit next to her in the car and who gets to hold her:). However, I do predict her and Conley will soon be arch enemies.  You heard it here first.

NINE MONTH PHOTO DUMP:
































TEN MONTHS
many things are the same this month...sleep has been a big thing!!
sleep
She has had somewhat of a regression lately, however, after we got home from the beach, we discovered an ear infection in her right ear.  She had been pulling at it since her 9 month check up, but they said all they could see was wax and she was too upset to clean them out.  I almost feel like she may have had it since then-so this could be the problem.

I started trying to get her on a schedule...but that has been a challenge, and I stopped after we discovered the ear ache.  I guess that will come more with mothers day out as we try to mock that schedule on her days at home with me!

sibling love
Conley is getting much more comfortable and...ah hem...rough with her.  I really have to watch him these days.  I don't think its purposefully mean, I just think he wants to squeeze the love out of her...you know what I mean?  Cam is a great helper as always, except when he chooses to scream and wake her 😬 My boys could out scream any girls.

TEN MONTH PHOTO DUMP:











Now that I've finally collected all my thoughts in to this post-she is going to be 11 months old in 12 more days😭. SO, with both joy and a little hurt in my heart, I am planning a first birthday party as we speak.
Sweet as a Peach...
Because she totally is!
Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cassidy,
Oh my heavens, I can't believe it has been that long since I have been by that you could have been pregnant and now have a 10 mo. old baby girl.
She is adorable, as our all your kiddles.
My Husband retired over 2 yrs. ago, and we were working on and have started an online/downloadable greeting card business, so have not had the time to visit around on blogs like I used to....have missed you tho.
Was so sorry to hear about your Brother hon....and I am familiar with alcohol addiction in my family so know the difficulties of it. It's terrible for sure.
Thankful that Brody knew the Lord, and the good part is when you see him again,
your relationship with him will be perfect. That is my great hope for when I see my Mom again.....and if what a lot of Pastors are thinking we might
be getting out of here sooner that we think. Cause Jesus is coming at some point and it seems all the prophecies that need to be fulfilled for his coming have been fulfilled......so will be interesting to see....
You take care sweet girl.....will be praying for healing for you and your families heart....these are tough situations and we do the best we can with them, and it is horrible that people are trying to make yall feel so bad about it....as if you don't feel bad enough.
Love and Blessings hon,
Nellie


sounds like all the prophecies

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

and I forgot to say.........don't be afraid to laugh and enjoy life honey,
I am sure your Brother would not want that for you or any of your family.
He is enjoying life where he is......and I am sure he would want the same for you and your family. Truth is you will never forget him, he is etched upon your hearts.

Love and Blessings,
Nellie