SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 15, 2018

H54F + Friday Favorites || living that june life

We have had one laid back week!
It's been really nice, however, Cam hasn't felt the best after a traumatic Monday (you'll see why below).  Though, I do have to mention, the last time I checked the calendar...can I just say that I about did a DOUBLE take at how fast this month is flying by.
How fast SUMMER is flying by!  Loving & cherishing every moment:)

One. gymnastics+ kindergarten shots
 Monday was a day & a half. 
Cam got his kindergarten vaccinations. 
I will spare you all the gory details & just say it was quite the show...
He's a pretty big boy & almost as big as I am.
I'm the one who had to pin him down so that he didn't make the situation much worse by breaking the needle into his arm.
Yes, breaking the needle.  Three needles :(
It was that dramatic.  I don't think the nurse expected him to get that upset!
He has dreamed of them all week, worried about the one's he has to get when "he is a teenager" to the point where he won't sleep at night.

Thankfully, we counteracted the traumatic experience with something fun.
We signed up for a trial gymnastics class that evening.
We will definitely be back for open gym this summer & sign up for classes in the fall.
They LOVED it!  Con took a while to warm up, but when he did he was totally in his element.  Climbing, hanging, hopping. 
And Cam?  He learned a forward roll & handstand!  He was pumped:)
One day, as football is his end goal these days, I'm thinking he will use the moves he may learn in gymnastics in the end zone after he scores a lineman touchdown, right?;)
 
Two.  Cake decorating class # two
Okay, I covered the cake with fondant at home without tools this time...& it was terrible.
BUT, I learned a lot of things to do differently after showing my instructor.
I'm saying that was a great learning experience;)
Last night, we learned how to make a rose, calla lily, & daisy.  The basics of flowers in gum paste.  Next week, we are learning 2d designs.  I let the boys pick out my design.Stay tuned;)

Up next week minus the fondant people...
 
Three.  green detox smoothie
 Found this delicious recipe on pinterest...& it is two things: healthy AND yummy.
My boys even like it & just LOOK at all the healthy things they're consuming that they typically wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole!

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 banana
1 TB chia seeds

Total calorie count: 272
From Allyscooking.com

Four.  sheepadoodles
  Will someone buy us a Sheepadoodle???  Why did I stumble upon this adorable ball of fur?  WHY.  The minute my hubby said he was ready for a dog a couple of weeks ago-he regretted it.  LIttle ears heard... mama ears heard.  Let me just say...my boys are KILLING me in the dog department... please, mom!  Please! 
And then there's me in my husband's head... please, Cade!  Please! 
And then I remember how crazy life is WITHOUT a dog.  I digress.

In other words, it's exciting that we found the dog we'd like to get in the future, but we have A LOT we need to do to our yard & house, get me back into the groove & working, AND one more major event in our family before taking on this responsibility.  Until then, I am going to follow every sheepadoodle account on Instagram AND make a ridiculous pinterest board to get my fill.
 
Five.  Our hero + fathers day goodies
 What in the world would we do without our Daddy/Hubby?
I may joke about his "occasionally grouchy" spells on date night, but most of the time you can find him working with all his heart for his family, encouraging us with endless positivity no matter what situation we face (I've never had that in a male figure in my life) & distracts us from any worry or down day we may have with endless laughter.  Our family would not be what it is without him or God's grace.  He's my best friend.  Oh yea, & we can't forget to mention BUT (don't tell him that I admitted this) he may or may not always cook the best breakfast's around.

Somehow, the snazzy sock game is always strong on fathers day in my eyes. I love to let the boys pick them, b/c it's always hilarious.  They always pick the things they love.
#sharksarelife
 They also are the best gift card/candy/tool/etch. holders, too-huh? ;)

I stumbled on the coolest Instagram account for mamas! 
Check out @busytoddler if you're in need of ideas to keep you & your kids entertained this summer:)
 
Wishing you all a Happy Father's Day with those special guys in your life.

Linking up every Friday with
Friday Favorites||  Andrea from Momfessionals
AND
 H54F || Katie from Cup of Tea
 

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Happy Friday, friend! Oh, poor Cam! I'm so glad that the day had a happier ending with the fun of the gymnastics class. It's great that you're learning a lot in your cake decorating class. I'm sure it's all a learning process, and will end with you creating such sweet things! Looking forward to seeing the design your boys picked for next week! I loved the wonderful words you had for your hubby. (Hearing friends gush over their man always makes my heart smile.) Praise God for the gift of marriage! I hope you and your kiddos enjoy celebrating him well this weekend! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

Sara F said...

Oh no!! So sorry your little guy was so traumatized by his shots. I'm glad he loved gymnastics, though! I LOVE when young boys and girls take gymnastics. It is so great for their hand-eye coordination, and for mamas, it's a fun way for us to help them use up all that extra energy! Happy Friday :)

www.saraleeblog.com

Amie said...

I may not mention the shots ahead of time for our next round! haha So glad he had something fun to do after that. My husband will mention getting Bowen a dog and I always say no! I know total downer but I just know I would be the one taking care of it and my toddler takes 100% of my time already. I'd like to get him potty trained before having to train a dog. I do love dogs though, just not the work that goes with them.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh poor little Cam! Three needles - I've never heard of one breaking before, let alone three - that must have been so traumatic - for both of you! I drink a lot of smoothies too and wish Caspar would even try them - but he won't - I've found the older he gets the more picky he is getting with food, I don't know about your two but mine is a meat fiend! The sheepadoodle - I have never heard of one before, but blimey.... HOW adorable - it is going on my list for 'next dog'!! I bet they have a lovely temperament too. Only negative - bet their fur it s nightmare to groom :( Got to show my husband your photo of that!! Have a great week-end - Joanne x

Cassidy Adams said...

Thank you, Brenda! Sara, I agree! I think gymnastics is a great foundation for any sport:). Amie, I hadn't told him until the nurse left for the shots. If I had told him before we got there, I don't think I would have been able to get him in the room. Joanne, thankfully the needles didn't actually break-the nurse was just afraid he'd break them with how dramatic he was:/. And the sheepadoodle...it's hypoallergenic and doesn't shed! But you do have to brush it every once in a while. They also don't slobber, are quiet, and laid back breed. And big enough that two boys wouldn't squish it trying to play with it:) All needed for our future furry companion :P. I hope you all have a great weekend:). Thanks for the comment love!

Days of a Wife said...

Oh no! The shot experience does not sound fun! Poor kid and poor mama! I know that had to be stressful! I actually laughed out loud at the dog part because my husband and I have already picked out what dog we want in the future (A minature golden doodle) but we too are unable to get one right now! Mainly because of the fact that we currently rent! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!